Help me with my Jetta

Old October 10th 05, 08:31 PM
trcakd916

Default Help me with my Jetta

My 1994 Jetta III GL 2.0L has been running rich since the day I got it in
Novemebr 2004. Anyone have any ideas what to check? Thank you

Old October 10th 05, 09:15 PM
One out of many daves

CTS
02 sensor
FPR
DTCs
scan ECM

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 10th 05, 10:06 PM
Lost In Space

How do you know it's rich? Fault codes?

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 12th 05, 01:45 AM
trcakd916

I BELIEVE it is running rich, my back bumper turns black, and my exhaust
pipe is black and it tends to look like it puffs a blck "smoke" out the
exhaust.

Old October 12th 05, 02:07 AM
Lost In Space

Normally there should be fault codes unless it's running not rich enough to
set a fault. Might be a lazy O2 sensor. But start looking at other tail
pipes for comparison. You maybe surprised what you see.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 12th 05, 09:32 PM
trcakd916

OK Where is my diagnostics center on my 94 jetta? I havent plugged it in
for any codes yet.

Old October 13th 05, 12:35 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

remove ashtray in the front and then slide the DTC connection cover panel
over into where the ashtray normally sits.
You should see an engine on that panel that hides the connection.

lkaboutautos.com...