'96 Jetta Engine Rebuild Kits

Old October 10th 05, 03:15 AM
Busgypsy

Default '96 Jetta Engine Rebuild Kits

Hello all,

This is my first post. Just bought my girlfriend a '96 jetta 2.0L and
I'm planning on buying a '97 2.0L later this week. I'm looking for
someplace to order a complete rebuild kit for these engines.

Any web sites I should be visiting?

Thanks,

Steven

Old October 11th 05, 10:16 PM
Lost In Space

Why do you need a rebuild?

ups.com...

Old October 11th 05, 11:01 PM
Mike

Victoria's Secret ?

ups.com...

Old October 11th 05, 11:04 PM
William Park

Mike > wrote:
> Victoria's Secret ?

Especially recommended, after buying 2 cars with non-working engines.

--
William Park >, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell
Old October 13th 05, 02:45 PM
Peter Parker

In article >,
Lost In Space > wrote:
>Why do you need a rebuild?

I was going to ask that. These engines are bullet proof. They are the
VW version of the I6 Jeep engine. Both my 2.0L and I6 Jeep engine have
over 200K plus miles and they still run great. No smoking. The I6 does
have a lazy lifter on cold start. I'd hate to change it without changing
all of them including new rods and a cam.

If they are seized, you probably don't have something rebuildable once
they were ran without oil or overheated. Timing belt still there?

Oh yea. Victoria's Secret is the one to visit. :-)

oups.com...

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...