error code on 1998 beetle 2.0

Old May 14th 05, 01:41 AM
Odie

Default error code on 1998 beetle 2.0

Please I have an error code on my 1998 VW Beetle 2.0.
says PO 341 CMP SENSOR SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE.

Can Anyone Please Tell me what this is about and how to repair it. The
repair shop can only get the code to read, they said they dont know what it
is.

Thanks
Gerry

Old May 14th 05, 03:06 AM
Mike Beede

In article >,
"Odie" > wrote:

> Please I have an error code on my 1998 VW Beetle 2.0.
> says PO 341 CMP SENSOR SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE.
>
> Can Anyone Please Tell me what this is about and how to repair it. The
> repair shop can only get the code to read, they said they dont know what it
> is.

Well, a brief Google suggests it's the camshaft position
sensor. I can't tell you anything about fixing it. I
can suggest that you use this as a screening test for
repair shops--if they can't tell you what it is, try
another shop until someone figures it out. Certainly
a VW dealer will know what it is (please tell us that
it wasn't a dealer...).

Good luck.

Mike Beede
Old May 25th 05, 01:53 AM
Mark Currie

Is the car acting funny? As in shutting off when it reaches operating
temperature and not starting until it takes a few hours to cool off? Just
wondering, because I just had to have that sensor replace about a month ago.
It came on with now warning and the check engine light would only come on
right when it shut off and stay on for a while after it started up again. I
think it cost like $300 Canadian, for the part, labour and labour to put in
a new rad fan, taxes incl.

I'm not sure if it might be an early warning that the sensor's going or not,
but it starts to act like I mentioned above, it's probably that.

Good luck with your search.

Mark Currie

Old October 12th 05, 01:38 AM
Scanicky

Did you end up replacing the camshaft sensor? If so, do you know where on
the car the sensor is- I'm having the same problem. Thanks- Scot

Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
Have Mexican Beetle, anyone else? Javier VW air cooled 8 January 15th 05 03:59 AM
FA: VW Beetle Reborn novelty clock Al Rock VW air cooled 0 January 3rd 05 10:57 PM
New Beetle Tim murphy VW air cooled 9 January 1st 05 04:54 PM
FS: 1998 McDonalds/Hamilton Collection "Bill Elliott #94 Fan Bear" J.R. Sinclair General 0 January 14th 04 06:32 AM