Some air-cooled fun

Old May 2nd 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Default Tail of the Dragon Crash - Was - Some air-cooled fun

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote in message
> >
>> Almost correct, my earliest RAMVA posts were close to 9 years ago. I was
>> a regular for about 5 years while I did the 64 bug. I was around way
>> before you ever showed up, but yep I've just been a RAMVA lurker for a few
>> years now.

> dude, i have been a ramva regular since jan of 96....get with it...
>

>> And yep, the bug is a low budget "resto". When I learned that I was a
>> very poor welder, I choose the "sheet metal / pop rivet / chemical" path.
>> There was a regular on RAMVA, named John Connelly (not the aircooled.net
>> guy). He had a WEB site dedicated to VW's mostly his oval window pristine
>> restoration.

> damn....for a "long timer" you know exactly ****... John Connelly

And you both got his name wrong.. )

J.

is the

Old May 2nd 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Jan Andersson wrote:
> Stephan Rose wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 02 May 2006 23:49:11 +0300, Jan Andersson
>> > wrote:

>>> Oh yea, and OF COURSE you can't do the driving test with an
>>> automatic. Has to be manual transmission.

Same regulations in Norway to, except here you can get an "Automatic"
only license if you insist..

J.

Old May 2nd 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Shag" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I'm gonna try to make it there again before this riding
> > season is out. Stay tuned. :-D
> >

> let me know shag....I didn't make it this time, but i'd love to come ride
> with you and Bryan...

What about me what about me?! I'll be down there May 27th for sure and
maybe May 26th too. I just love being schooled. Learning is so much
fun! I promise not to speed...much...near stop signs.

Old May 2nd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Bryan wrote:
> Shameless top post and cross-post.
>
> subject: How not to ride a motorcycle or Squid on cruiser.... Story and
> pics follow.

> "Shag" > wrote in message

> > http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906173092.jpg
> > http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906302228.jpg

I guess all the sportbike riders queued up behind these slow-assed
cruiser pilots are *just* outside the picture frame! Damn touring
bikers. Clogging up all the good roads!

Old May 2nd 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Saddlebag wrote:
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> "Shag" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >I'm gonna try to make it there again before this riding
>>> season is out. Stay tuned. :-D
>>>

>> let me know shag....I didn't make it this time, but i'd love to come ride
>> with you and Bryan...

> What about me what about me?! I'll be down there May 27th for sure and
> maybe May 26th too. I just love being schooled. Learning is so much
> fun! I promise not to speed...much...near stop signs.

Sounds like some irresponsible hoons are setting up a grudge race on a
public road....tsk,tsk,tsk.....naughty boys. (let me know who wins!)
Old May 2nd 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Brian wrote:
> Saddlebag wrote:
> > Joey Tribiani wrote:
> >> "Shag" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...
> >>>
> >> let me know shag....I didn't make it this time, but i'd love to come ride
> >> with you and Bryan...

> > What about me what about me?! I'll be down there May 27th for sure and
> > maybe May 26th too. I just love being schooled. Learning is so much
> > fun! I promise not to speed...much...near stop signs.
> >

> Sounds like some irresponsible hoons are setting up a grudge race on a
> public road....tsk,tsk,tsk.....naughty boys. (let me know who wins!)

I'm going to ride with "Take it slow Joe" for heaven's sake. Stop the
wishful thinking.

Old May 3rd 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

> Brian wrote:

>> Sounds like some irresponsible hoons are setting up a grudge race on a
>> public road....tsk,tsk,tsk.....naughty boys. (let me know who wins!)

> I'm going to ride with "Take it slow Joe" for heaven's sake. Stop the
> wishful thinking.

So you will just 'drop the flag' for Shag & Bryan's little adventure
into the dynamics of cornering.....and follow them down to pick up the
pieces?
Old May 3rd 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

See, this is why y'all love me. I make one post and it just goes
crazy. No applause, please. Just throw money. :-D

Old May 3rd 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

"Brian" > wrote in message

> So you will just 'drop the flag' for Shag & Bryan's little adventure into
> the dynamics of cornering.....and follow them down to pick up the pieces?

I'm sure tail of the dragon is a great ride, but since I am 2000 miles away
and the Rockies are in my back yard I'll just settle for being schooled by
the local riders on the track.

Maybe it is just me but I try to avoid pushing the limits on the street.
You know, live to ride another day and all.

Bryan

Old May 3rd 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Bryan wrote:
> "Brian" > wrote in message
>>
>> So you will just 'drop the flag' for Shag & Bryan's little adventure into
>> the dynamics of cornering.....and follow them down to pick up the pieces?

> I'm sure tail of the dragon is a great ride, but since I am 2000 miles away
> and the Rockies are in my back yard I'll just settle for being schooled by
> the local riders on the track.
>
> Maybe it is just me but I try to avoid pushing the limits on the street.
> You know, live to ride another day and all.
>
> Bryan

.....meeeeow.....