98 Golf Electrical issue

Old May 31st 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
bruce

Default 98 Golf Electrical issue

For the past couple of weeks, my '98 Golf has had some issues as
follows, and it seems to be getting worse.

The headlights go off as well as a number of other dash electrics,
including wipers, blower fan, A/C. Thus far I haven't correlated this
with anything else going on, but I did wonder whether this could be
something in the steering colum, or under the dash in the vicinity of
the relay panel. I believe I hear something that clicks under the
dash when this happens, so I'm going to start by making sure all the
fuses and relays are fully seated.

What else should I be checking? I know that I've read lots of things
in the past about A3 cars being plagued with electrical issues when
they were new, but I haven't found anything that gives me a clue right
now.
Old May 31st 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

..................ign switch........................check
it..................you can try a new one by just plugging it
in..........dealer sells the best quality..................some aftermarket
switches can work too!

let us know!
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

"bruce" > wrote in message
> For the past couple of weeks, my '98 Golf has had some issues as
> follows, and it seems to be getting worse.
>
> The headlights go off as well as a number of other dash electrics,
> including wipers, blower fan, A/C. Thus far I haven't correlated this
> with anything else going on, but I did wonder whether this could be
> something in the steering colum, or under the dash in the vicinity of
> the relay panel. I believe I hear something that clicks under the
> dash when this happens, so I'm going to start by making sure all the
> fuses and relays are fully seated.
>
> What else should I be checking? I know that I've read lots of things
> in the past about A3 cars being plagued with electrical issues when
> they were new, but I haven't found anything that gives me a clue right
> now.

91 Prelude Electrical Issue Erdos2 Honda 10 February 10th 08 05:30 AM
electrical issue? John & Ninetta Audi 5 February 22nd 07 06:27 AM
85 Toyota Camry Electrical Issue [email protected] Technology 7 December 27th 06 12:15 PM
2000 Voyager - intermittent electrical issue John Keith Chrysler 5 September 20th 05 11:46 PM
electrical issue - help minpinmama 4x4 1 April 3rd 05 03:50 PM