95 golf - A/C & cruise control & other flaky electronics

Old June 25th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tobin Fricke[_2_]

Default 95 golf - A/C & cruise control & other flaky electronics

95 Golf, manual transmission

My cruise control, air conditioning, and coolant temperature indicator
all stopped working more-or-less simultaneously (within a few weeks of
each other). Also, the coolant level warning light and oil pressure
indicator lights flash sporadically. (Oil pressure is fine - I
measured it - and there's plenty of water in the coolant reservoir.)

Do these systems have anything in common? (wiring harness?)

thanks,
Tobin
Old June 26th 09, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

check ign switch

Old June 26th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tom's VR6[_2_]

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Tobin Fricke wrote:

>95 Golf, manual transmission
>
>My cruise control, air conditioning, and coolant temperature indicator
>all stopped working more-or-less simultaneously (within a few weeks of
>each other). Also, the coolant level warning light and oil pressure
>indicator lights flash sporadically. (Oil pressure is fine - I
>measured it - and there's plenty of water in the coolant reservoir.)
>
>Do these systems have anything in common? (wiring harness?)

Try adding an extra engine-to-chassis ground wire to see if that
helps. As a test, you could use a jumper cable to do that.