90 - 94 Passat Audio Wiring. A MESS!!!

Old November 25th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Gyuri

Default 90 - 94 Passat Audio Wiring. A MESS!!!

Hi. My lovely dad just got me a 90 Passat as a winter beater because I
don't want my project car to rust during the cold season. The idiot
who sold it removed the MP3 player by cutting all the wires and I have
no idea what is what. I tried to look at the speakers to see what
color cables go there to figure out what wire is what but there seem
to be even more cables coming out of the speakers than there is in the
dash where the player was so that didn't help.

Could anyone who knows about the 90 - 94 Passat Audio wiring help me
please? I need to know what wire is for what and if someone has a
diagram that would be much appreaciated. By the way, if it is needed,
what I am trying to install is a JVC KD-G430.

Thanks.
Old November 26th 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Eyal

On Nov 25, 11:33 pm, Gyuri > wrote:
> Hi. My lovely dad just got me a 90 Passat as a winter beater because I
> don't want my project car to rust during the cold season. The idiot
> who sold it removed the MP3 player by cutting all the wires and I have
> no idea what is what. I tried to look at the speakers to see what
> color cables go there to figure out what wire is what but there seem
> to be even more cables coming out of the speakers than there is in the
> dash where the player was so that didn't help.
>
> Could anyone who knows about the 90 - 94 Passat Audio wiring help me
> please? I need to know what wire is for what and if someone has a
> diagram that would be much appreaciated. By the way, if it is needed,
> what I am trying to install is a JVC KD-G430.
>
> Thanks.

Hello Gyuri
Pry the speakers grills on top of the dashboard and look for the wires
connected to the speakers.
Folow them first. Remove the plactic covers under the stering wheel to
explose ore of the jungle there. The ground is brown and the positive
is red. In few hours I could send you the original wiring schematics.
I have just installed a LG radio and stripped all 4 previous
generations of odd connectors of the radios before...with all kinds of
bypasses and poor connections .

Eyal
Old November 26th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Gyuri

Thanks for replying I appreaciated it. A schematic would be awesome
but if you don't end up replying I'll just have to try what you said.
Thanks a lot.

2004 Honda Accord EX w/ nav audio problem - no audio Jeff Papineau Honda 3 June 29th 07 04:00 AM
big mess dummylight 4x4 6 February 17th 07 11:52 PM
BMW 318i 91 Audio Wiring and Carpc Help - PLEASE!!!!! Stressing myself out!! xxsunshinegodxx BMW 3 January 9th 07 09:27 PM
2002 Passat Double DIN HU Hands Free Cell Kit Wiring Question [email protected] VW water cooled 0 June 24th 05 04:39 PM
Mach 460 audio wiring 96stangman Ford Mustang 1 January 11th 05 08:04 AM