How to reset adaptive transmission?

Old November 27th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
William Maslin

Default How to reset adaptive transmission?

I seem to recall that there was some procedure to reset the adaptive
transmission on A4/MKIV cars. Something about turning on the ignition
and holding the accelerator all the way down for a certain length of
time.

If this is true, is there a similar procedure for the MKV cars?

Thanks,

Bill
Old November 27th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

Don't you drive it like crazy if you want it to go in agressive mode.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:35:53 -0600, William Maslin

Old November 29th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
one out of many daves

I have heard that too............drive it like crazy! lol

I try to do this procedure for the Basic Settings
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/autotrans.html

Old November 29th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

That's funny. It sounds just like what I said.

Their procedure
"Go!
Press accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and count out loud 3
seconds.
Done, Go Back
Release the accelerator pedal."

Sounds like driving like a madman. ;-) When my brother had a Camero
with a 350 I would do that. Go, dump the clutch or not, hold throttle
to floorboard for three seconds. Release, yell go after banging in to
second gear. Repeat one more time. Going pretty fast in a car with
worn out ball joints. Scream and slow down. Much better after new ball
joints.

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:58:33 -0600, one out of many daves

Old December 1st 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
one out of many daves

lol it is just what you said but they said use their tool, but you will
see nothing indicating that operation was complete! ;-)

I used to burn out my 2 speed powerglide in my firebird doing that GO
method. lol
Traded that thing on a Bradley GT and we were both happy with the trade.
<g>

Old December 1st 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tom's VR6

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Jim Behning wrote:

>That's funny. It sounds just like what I said.

<snip>
>>Jim Behning wrote:
>>> Don't you drive it like crazy if you want it to go in agressive mode.

That seems a bit ambiguous.

Adaptive Headlights HGL BMW 90 October 18th 06 03:24 AM
Adaptive Front lighting system [email protected] Technology 2 August 3rd 06 04:04 AM
Update to 01 Cabrio Trans problem - Adaptive Transmission cstoddard VW water cooled 1 March 31st 06 08:43 AM
92 ford, code 179, "lean adaptive limit" [email protected] Technology 3 December 5th 05 05:47 PM
NR2003-Adaptive AI Question TlgtrProd Simulators 2 November 20th 04 04:11 AM