04' New Beetle Alarm

Old November 18th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
John Q Public

Default 04' New Beetle Alarm

Wondering if anyone has had this problem. When I lock the door with the
remote on my 04 Beetle Conv. the parking lights blink like normal but
the horn no longer s beeps. This was working fine then just stopped. The
regular horn and alarm works fine it just don't beep when we lock it.

This is my 1st VW since my 87 Golf so I don't have any clues on where to
start.

Thanks
Old November 18th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

2 questions:
1. Does the alarm chirp when you lock the doors with the key?
2. How do you know that the alarm does work?

Maybe there is a setting that changed in the alarm module that turned off
the chirp.
I was going to say that a sensor was not functioning but since you say the
alarm works............that theory doesn't work.

--
later,
dave

news:95ydnZFN_PW6Ct3anZ2dnUVZ_t2inZ2d@cablespeedmd .com...

Old November 19th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
John Q Public

1. No chip at all but lights flash
2. I lock the door with windows down and open from inside.. It goes off.

No clue where or how to control the alarm mod. I thought may I held the
alarm button to long or something. I trired to undo! lol NO LUCK!

Old November 19th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_2_]

usually means one of the alarm switches isn't working. Try locking
everything up and open the right door, hood, rear hatch one at a time. All
should set the alarm off. The radio even has a alarm switch located within
to protect if radio is pulled out. Post your results.

Old November 20th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article >,
Lost In Space/Woodchuck > wrote:
>usually means one of the alarm switches isn't working. Try locking
>everything up and open the right door, hood, rear hatch one at a time. All
>should set the alarm off. The radio even has a alarm switch located within
>to protect if radio is pulled out. Post your results.

Woodchuck- A related question. My A3 jetta used to be able to open the trunk
with the key while the alarm was on. This would stop the blinking on the
driver door I believe and once the trunk was closed, it would blink again.
Maybe the trunk switch is not engaging. Now this car got hit in the rear and
a VW dealer replaced the trunk in their body shop. Ever since then, the trunk
can't be opened with the alarm on or the alarm will go off. Not hooked up
correctly or a partially failed lock?

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old November 21st 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_2_]

There is a microswitch on the key cylinder for the trunk. It is to "tell"
the alarm to ignore the trunk opening.

Old November 21st 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article >,
Lost In Space/Woodchuck > wrote:
>There is a microswitch on the key cylinder for the trunk. It is to "tell"
>the alarm to ignore the trunk opening.

Okay. I now unlock the door and then open the trunk. I'll wait till next
year when it gets warm again to look at it some more.

Happy Turkey day!
--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old November 22nd 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_2_]

"when it gets warm again".... where do you live, the north pole? Here in PA
it's not that cold yet.

Old November 22nd 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

It is nippy here in Chicago today and feels like 23 degrees F but I don't
think it is cold enough not to replace that switch in the trunk to get the
alarm working properly. :-)
But I guess if the only glitch is to unlock the doors to disarm the
alarm...........I could do that. ;-)
Some insurance companies will guarantee repairs for life so maybe that latch
can be repaired/replaced for free. I think you mentioned this vehicle was
in a rear end accident.

Happy Turkey Day to all!

Old November 23rd 07, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
John Q Public

Thanks for all your input. My issue was caused by the factory radio not
seein pushed all the way in. About 2 months ago I stopped up Cur City to
have them use their tool to remove the radio. I left it pushed in but
not "clicked" in. I was trying to locate a radio reception problem I
have, but I'll post that seperatley.

Thanks To All

Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
> usually means one of the alarm switches isn't working. Try locking
> everything up and open the right door, hood, rear hatch one at a time. All
> should set the alarm off. The radio even has a alarm switch located within
> to protect if radio is pulled out. Post your results.
>

> "John Q Public" > wrote in message
> news:95ydnZFN_PW6Ct3anZ2dnUVZ_t2inZ2d@cablespeedmd .com...
>
>>Wondering if anyone has had this problem. When I lock the door with the
>>remote on my 04 Beetle Conv. the parking lights blink like normal but the
>>horn no longer s beeps. This was working fine then just stopped. The
>>regular horn and alarm works fine it just don't beep when we lock it.
>>
>>This is my 1st VW since my 87 Golf so I don't have any clues on where to
>>start.
>>
>>Thanks

Beetle vs Super Beetle Papa VW air cooled 15 February 22nd 07 07:26 AM
E36 alarm alf BMW 2 January 31st 07 02:00 PM
Car alarm failure on the 300C (how do you disable the alarm) General Schvantzkoph Chrysler 9 May 2nd 06 04:59 PM
91 Alarm DeanW Corvette 10 October 6th 05 08:03 PM
BMW Alarm vs. Viper Alarm? dugies25 BMW 3 March 17th 05 11:28 AM