04' New Beetle Alarm

Old November 23rd 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

Default 04' New Beetle Alarm

In article >,
dave AKA vwdoc1 > wrote:
>It is nippy here in Chicago today and feels like 23 degrees F but I don't
>think it is cold enough not to replace that switch in the trunk to get the
>alarm working properly. :-)

Okay, I will rephrase the answer. It's low priority and the clutch/tranny
needs to be repaired first. Yesterday was really nice but that day was
assigned to yard work. Today is also assigned to yard work.

>But I guess if the only glitch is to unlock the doors to disarm the
>alarm...........I could do that. ;-)
>Some insurance companies will guarantee repairs for life so maybe that latch
>can be repaired/replaced for free. I think you mentioned this vehicle was
>in a rear end accident.

I didn't know that about that guarantee. Sounds good. I will have to find
out more about this.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old November 23rd 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article >,
John Q Public > wrote:
>Thanks for all your input. My issue was caused by the factory radio not
>seein pushed all the way in. About 2 months ago I stopped up Cur City to
>have them use their tool to remove the radio. I left it pushed in but
>not "clicked" in. I was trying to locate a radio reception problem I
>have, but I'll post that seperatley.
>
>Thanks To All

Oh!! That's a classic!!! The best tool in a troubleshooters tool box is
his brain. If something happened, changed or touched in the past. That's
most likely where the problem will be.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old November 23rd 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
John Q Public

Peter Parker wrote:
> In article >,
> John Q Public > wrote:
>
>>Thanks for all your input. My issue was caused by the factory radio not
>>seein pushed all the way in. About 2 months ago I stopped up Cur City to
>>have them use their tool to remove the radio. I left it pushed in but
>>not "clicked" in. I was trying to locate a radio reception problem I
>>have, but I'll post that seperatley.
>>
>>Thanks To All

> Oh!! That's a classic!!! The best tool in a troubleshooters tool box is
> his brain. If something happened, changed or touched in the past. That's
> most likely where the problem will be.

LOL, your right. Weird thing is it didn't happen right away. It was
weeks later so it must have been in enough to start. Lesson learned. Oh
for the record I don't think the hood is part of the alarm system. Mine
didn't sound when the hood was opened.
Old November 24th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article >,
John Q Public > wrote:
>Peter Parker wrote:
>> In article >,
>> John Q Public > wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks for all your input. My issue was caused by the factory radio not
>>>seein pushed all the way in. About 2 months ago I stopped up Cur City to
>>>have them use their tool to remove the radio. I left it pushed in but
>>>not "clicked" in. I was trying to locate a radio reception problem I
>>>have, but I'll post that seperatley.
>>>
>>>Thanks To All

>> Oh!! That's a classic!!! The best tool in a troubleshooters tool box is
>> his brain. If something happened, changed or touched in the past. That's
>> most likely where the problem will be.
>>

>LOL, your right. Weird thing is it didn't happen right away. It was
>weeks later so it must have been in enough to start. Lesson learned. Oh
>for the record I don't think the hood is part of the alarm system. Mine
>didn't sound when the hood was opened.

Hmmm, IIRC there is a switch on my A3 that is depressed when the hood is
down. If the alarm is on and the hood goes up it will sound off. It's a
little hard to do unless you are breaking into the hood. Another way to
test it is to have that switch depressed manually lock the car and have
the alarm engaged. Release the switch and the alarm should sound off.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...

Beetle vs Super Beetle Papa VW air cooled 15 February 22nd 07 07:26 AM
E36 alarm alf BMW 2 January 31st 07 02:00 PM
Car alarm failure on the 300C (how do you disable the alarm) General Schvantzkoph Chrysler 9 May 2nd 06 04:59 PM
91 Alarm DeanW Corvette 10 October 6th 05 08:03 PM
BMW Alarm vs. Viper Alarm? dugies25 BMW 3 March 17th 05 11:28 AM