Mobil One Synthetic Transmission Oil

Old November 18th 04, 02:14 AM
togaboy

Default Mobil One Synthetic Transmission Oil

I have a 2001 Accord with 2.3VTEC and 4 speed auto transmission. Can I use
Mobil One Synthetic transmission oil?

Old November 18th 04, 05:43 AM
motsco_ _

togaboy wrote:
> I have a 2001 Accord with 2.3VTEC and 4 speed auto transmission. Can I use
> Mobil One Synthetic transmission oil?

====================

Ask your dealer (the one who will have to honor the warranty) . . . Get
it in writing if they say 'yes'.

I wouldn't do it. Honda trannies are special, and so is Z1 from Honda.

'Curly'

Old November 18th 04, 05:43 AM
motsco_ _

Old November 18th 04, 10:52 PM
mrhct

Old November 18th 04, 10:52 PM
mrhct

Old November 19th 04, 07:23 AM
y_p_w

togaboy wrote:

> I have a 2001 Accord with 2.3VTEC and 4 speed auto transmission. Can I use
> Mobil One Synthetic transmission oil?

Temporarily - maybe.

However - Honda automatic transmissions supposedly run best on Honda
ATF available from the dealer. Honda used to say Honda ATF was
preferred, but Dexron II/III was acceptable. I believe now they
recommend Honda ATF only unless there's an emergency.

Old November 19th 04, 07:23 AM
y_p_w

Old November 19th 04, 11:52 PM
MAT

( > wrote in message
>I have a 2001 Accord with 2.3VTEC and 4 speed auto transmission. Can I use
> Mobil One Synthetic transmission oil?

I had horrible experience with the mobil 1 in my auto 98 civic ex. I just
changed it right before going on a long trip on I95 on a very hot summer
day, as I was coming on and off the ramps the tranny was flaring a lot! I
even checked the level a couple of times to make sure it was all there and
the level was perfect. My take is that it was too slippery especially
aggravated by extreme summer temps. There's a lot of discussion about
friction modifiers in Honda Z1 and I believe it. I drained and filled 3
times over the next couple of days with Z1 and everything was peachy.

Old November 19th 04, 11:52 PM
MAT

Old November 20th 04, 03:57 AM
jim beam

great data point mat. wondered why my tranny was flaring. thanks!