Father of drunk baseball player that killed himself in a crash sues almost everyone involved with the crash.

Old May 24th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Peter Lawrence

Default Father of drunk baseball player that killed himself in a crash sues almost everyone involved with the crash.

Only in the USA...

Because drunk drivers have rights too, the father of Josh Hancock (the
St. Louis Cardinal relief pitcher that killed himself while driving
drunk) is suing the restaurant and restaurant manager where his son
got drunk, and also the tow truck company and tow truck driver of the
tow truck his son crashed into, PLUS the driver of the disabled car
that was in process of being hooked up to the tow truck when the
accident occurred.

(Note: according to the accident investigation, Josh Hancock was
driving while intoxicated, not wearing his seat beats and talking on
his cell. phone when he crashed into the tow truck.)

Here's the link to the article about the lawsuit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2881602

- Peter

Old May 25th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

Peter Lawrence wrote:
>Only in the USA...
>
>Because drunk drivers have rights too, the father of Josh Hancock (the
>St. Louis Cardinal relief pitcher that killed himself while driving
>drunk) is suing the restaurant and restaurant manager where his son
>got drunk, and also the tow truck company and tow truck driver of the
>tow truck his son crashed into, PLUS the driver of the disabled car
>that was in process of being hooked up to the tow truck when the
>accident occurred.
>
>(Note: according to the accident investigation, Josh Hancock was
>driving while intoxicated, not wearing his seat beats and talking on
>his cell. phone when he crashed into the tow truck.)
>
>Here's the link to the article about the lawsuit:
>
>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2881602

Reminds me of an episode that occurred locally about 8 years back or
so.

A couple of 20 year olds (best friends, as the story goes) have fake
IDs, and go to a local pizza parlor. They proceed to get drunk while
at the parlor, then make their departure. As they are driving home,
they are involved in a single car accident that paralyzed the
passenger from the neck down.

Get this: the mother of the DRIVER, who walked away unscathed, sued
the restaurant into oblivion, even though her son broke the law to
obtain his alcohol.

So much for personal responsibility; too bad her son didn't end up
crippled instead of his passenger.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old May 25th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Peter Lawrence wrote:
> Only in the USA...
>
> Because drunk drivers have rights too, the father of Josh Hancock (the
> St. Louis Cardinal relief pitcher that killed himself while driving
> drunk) is suing the restaurant and restaurant manager where his son
> got drunk, and also the tow truck company and tow truck driver of the
> tow truck his son crashed into, PLUS the driver of the disabled car
> that was in process of being hooked up to the tow truck when the
> accident occurred.
>
> (Note: according to the accident investigation, Josh Hancock was
> driving while intoxicated, not wearing his seat beats and talking on
> his cell. phone when he crashed into the tow truck.)
>
> Here's the link to the article about the lawsuit:
>
> http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2881602
>
> - Peter

This crash was 100% the fault of the drunk baseball player, but his
sicko father is trying to make a buck off of it.
Old May 25th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>Peter Lawrence wrote:
>> Only in the USA...
>>
>> Because drunk drivers have rights too, the father of Josh Hancock (the
>> St. Louis Cardinal relief pitcher that killed himself while driving
>> drunk) is suing the restaurant and restaurant manager where his son
>> got drunk, and also the tow truck company and tow truck driver of the
>> tow truck his son crashed into, PLUS the driver of the disabled car
>> that was in process of being hooked up to the tow truck when the
>> accident occurred.
>>
>> (Note: according to the accident investigation, Josh Hancock was
>> driving while intoxicated, not wearing his seat beats and talking on
>> his cell. phone when he crashed into the tow truck.)
>>
>> Here's the link to the article about the lawsuit:
>>
>> http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2881602
>>
>> - Peter
>>

>This crash was 100% the fault of the drunk baseball player, but his
>sicko father is trying to make a buck off of it.

No ****, sherlock? Thanks for the news flash! Wow, can you predict
what direction the sun will rise from tomorrow as well? Damned you're
one stupid puppy.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old May 25th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver:

> Reminds me of an episode that occurred locally about 8 years back or
> so.
>
> A couple of 20 year olds (best friends, as the story goes) have fake
> IDs, and go to a local pizza parlor. They proceed to get drunk while
> at the parlor, then make their departure. As they are driving home,
> they are involved in a single car accident that paralyzed the
> passenger from the neck down.
>
> Get this: the mother of the DRIVER, who walked away unscathed, sued
> the restaurant into oblivion, even though her son broke the law to
> obtain his alcohol.
>
> So much for personal responsibility; too bad her son didn't end up
> crippled instead of his passenger.

Too bad he didn't end up in the morgue. Then there would be one less
pain in the ass to deal with. Think that maybe he changed his name to
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS," in an exquisite display of
hypocrisy?

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend foams like a Bartlo
(and spelling or gramatical errors are left as is):

"Hey - necromancer is a criminal coddler. BTW the article
says 4X and then it says the BAC was .187 which doesn't
make much sense. Not that it matters. Drunk drivers who
kill should get life wo parole."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/rqvtg
Message
Old May 25th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver:
>
>> Reminds me of an episode that occurred locally about 8 years back or
>> so.
>>
>> A couple of 20 year olds (best friends, as the story goes) have fake
>> IDs, and go to a local pizza parlor. They proceed to get drunk while
>> at the parlor, then make their departure. As they are driving home,
>> they are involved in a single car accident that paralyzed the
>> passenger from the neck down.
>>
>> Get this: the mother of the DRIVER, who walked away unscathed, sued
>> the restaurant into oblivion, even though her son broke the law to
>> obtain his alcohol.
>>
>> So much for personal responsibility; too bad her son didn't end up
>> crippled instead of his passenger.

>Too bad he didn't end up in the morgue. Then there would be one less
>pain in the ass to deal with. Think that maybe he changed his name to

Considering the "victim" of this suffered from paralysis from the neck
down, I'm not sure that's a PITA that will be dealt with often. At
least if the driver lived in a paralyzed state, it would have time to
consider it's stupidity. Going straight to the morgue misses a
wonderful educational experience.

Or, to borrow from the Riddler talking to two-face: "Don't kill 'em;
ya can't learn 'em nothin'."

>"Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS," in an exquisite display of
>hypocrisy?

Might be.

Ironically enough, the mother and "kid" in question lived on the other
side of the block from me at the time this happened; I could see her
house from my back door. A boss/friend from a position I held years
ago used to date the mother, and I joined them for cook-outs on a
regular basis for a number of months. Oddly enough, she dumped my
friend (and thus no more cook-outs there for me) about a month before
the accident.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old May 25th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article . com>,
Peter Lawrence > wrote:
>Only in the USA...
>
>Because drunk drivers have rights too, the father of Josh Hancock (the
>St. Louis Cardinal relief pitcher that killed himself while driving
>drunk) is suing the restaurant and restaurant manager where his son
>got drunk, and also the tow truck company and tow truck driver of the
>tow truck his son crashed into, PLUS the driver of the disabled car
>that was in process of being hooked up to the tow truck when the
>accident occurred.

Opposing counsel should be permitted to take this guy and his lawyer
out to the back of the courtroom and give them a Singapore-style
caning.
result in a fully-depreciated one.