16 killed in Houston bus crash. - Who cares??

Old August 9th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default 16 killed in Houston bus crash. - Who cares??

This should be the biggest story in america but the press just calls it
an 'accident" and moves on as per orders from the auto industry.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5931668.html

16 from Houston churches die as bus plunges off overpass
Aug. 9, 2008, 10:23AM

SHERMAN — The call came in to local police a little after midnight, and
when the first of its officers rolled up to the crash site on U.S.
Highway 75 nothing could have prepared them for what they would see:
Human bodies, lots of them, lay broken and ruined in a tangle of bus
wreckage.

"You've got 50-something people laying everywhere," said Tony Walden, who
hardly knew where to start. Many of the injured, groaning and calling for
help, were trapped in the wreckage. And to make matters worse, their
pleas came out in a foreign tongue — a pretty good definition of chaos,
another officer said later.

It was only when free of the wreckage that she got a full appreciation
for the crash that as of late Friday had killed 16 — a dozen at the scene
— and left the city's Vietnamese community in a state of shock. The bus,
en route to Carthage, Mo., for the annual Marian Days festival, left the
highway and struck a guardrail around 12:45 a.m. It then flipped on its
side before sliding down an embankment.

Right front tire blew out
The cause of the accident remains under investigation by the National
Transportation Safety Board. Weather does not appear to be a factor.

Instead attention has focused on the right front tire, which appeared to
blow out.

NTSB said the right front tire was a retread, a violation of federal
safety laws. Federal authorities also said the bus was traveling with a
temporary license plate and had a driver with an expired health
certificate.

"The requirement exists not to permit recapped tires on the steer axle
because if there is a loss of tire pressure or delamination (of the tire)
on the steer axle, it's much more difficult to control the vehicle," said
Debbie Hersman, an NTSB board member.

(snip)
Old August 9th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
richard

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 11:08:26 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" > wrote:

>This should be the biggest story in america but the press just calls it
>an 'accident" and moves on as per orders from the auto industry.
>
>http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5931668.html
>
>16 from Houston churches die as bus plunges off overpass
>Aug. 9, 2008, 10:23AM

Some reports are saying that the bus was "unlicensed", this one says
it had a temp permit. One says the driver was unlicensed while this
report says he only lacked a medical card.

From what I gather, the bus, operating under a different name, had
been shut down for violations. The company owner decides to create a
new name and thinking this would circumvent the violation order.

What I want to know is, what is the NTSB and TxDOT gonna do about this
character for operating a vehicle that was placed out of service?
He oughta be held totally repsonsible and slapped into jail for a year
or more. Not to mention the loss of being allowed to operate
commercial vehicles.

Old August 9th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

richard > wrote in
:

> Some reports are saying that the bus was "unlicensed", this one says
> it had a temp permit. One says the driver was unlicensed while this
> report says he only lacked a medical card.
>
> From what I gather, the bus, operating under a different name, had
> been shut down for violations. The company owner decides to create a
> new name and thinking this would circumvent the violation order.
>
> What I want to know is, what is the NTSB and TxDOT gonna do about this
> character for operating a vehicle that was placed out of service?
> He oughta be held totally repsonsible and slapped into jail for a year
> or more. Not to mention the loss of being allowed to operate
> commercial vehicles.

Year or more?? If he did these things he should be put away forever.
Old August 9th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Reality_Check©

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message .70...

No one gives a **** about some Red State Repugnikkkans.

Old August 10th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Mopar Doctor

When the lawyers start lining up on this bus company the owner will want to
go to jail for his own safety.

Mopar Doctor

Old August 10th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_2_]

SFB spewed:

<< snip crapola >>

Q: Who Cares?

A: Nobody

Harrr... Harrr... Harrrr..

--
necromancer

Official Overseer Of KoOkS And Trolls In rec.autos.driving.
Old August 10th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_2_]

SFB spewed:

> Year or more?? If he did these things he should be put away forever.

And if the bus has been carrying Mexicans instead of Vietnamese, you
would be cheering the driver and calling for him to get an award, you
racist ****.

Go to hell, jackass.

Old August 10th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Tom[_23_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message .70...
It wasn't in Houston... Dumbass.

I went around this mess Friday evening, the road was still closed.

Me

Old August 10th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_5_]

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:46:48 GMT, "Tom" >
wrote:

>"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
>message .70...
>It wasn't in Houston... Dumbass.
>
>I went around this mess Friday evening, the road was still closed.

Wouldn't be the first time that **** For Brains got something totally
wrong.