Tire Pressure Monitor

Old August 17th 05, 07:30 PM
Luke

Default Tire Pressure Monitor

I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V (w/ Corvette Z06 LS-6 engine). Recently, I had
my tires rotated, and now the display for the tire pressure is wrong. It
reports the pressure for the back tires as the front tires. The Cadillac
dealer wants $15 to "recalibate" the system, but I'd like to do myself. I
believe this system is identical to the one of the Corvette. Does anyone
know how to recalibrate the tire pressure monitoring system? Thanks in
advacne.

Old August 17th 05, 07:51 PM
Charles Spitzer

"Luke" > wrote in message
>I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V (w/ Corvette Z06 LS-6 engine). Recently, I had
>my tires rotated, and now the display for the tire pressure is wrong. It
>reports the pressure for the back tires as the front tires. The Cadillac
>dealer wants $15 to "recalibate" the system, but I'd like to do myself. I
>believe this system is identical to the one of the Corvette. Does anyone
>know how to recalibrate the tire pressure monitoring system? Thanks in
>advacne.

does it say how to do this in your owners manual?

Old August 17th 05, 08:59 PM
Shep

Luke I may be a dummy here but aren't the front and rear tires a different
size and shouldn't be rotated?

Old August 17th 05, 09:36 PM
Bruce Chang

"Shep" > wrote in message
> Luke I may be a dummy here but aren't the front and rear tires a different
> size and shouldn't be rotated?

Just checked the Cadillac website and it appears all the wheels are the same
size.

Here's a website I found on reprogramming your wheel pressure sensors.

-Bruce

Old August 17th 05, 09:40 PM
Shep

Bruce, thanks for clearing that up, got lazy and didn't reasearch ,it I
assume you mean the tires as well are the same size.

Old August 17th 05, 09:42 PM
Luke

Bruce,

Thanks for your help, but the website link didn't show up. Could you repost
please? Thanks.

Old August 17th 05, 09:43 PM
Bruce Chang

"Shep" > wrote in message
> Bruce, thanks for clearing that up, got lazy and didn't reasearch ,it I
> assume you mean the tires as well are the same size.
> "Bruce Chang" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Shep" > wrote in message
>>> Luke I may be a dummy here but aren't the front and rear tires a
>>> different size and shouldn't be rotated?

>> Just checked the Cadillac website and it appears all the wheels are the
>> same size.
>>
>> Here's a website I found on reprogramming your wheel pressure sensors.
>>
>> -Bruce

Yeah, that is correct. Tires and wheels are the same, didn't mention any
different offsets.

Here's the link, by the way.. duh..

http://www.hunter.com/pub/undercar/TECHLINK/

Old August 17th 05, 11:14 PM
Dad

"Luke" > wrote in message
>I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V (w/ Corvette Z06 LS-6 engine). Recently, I had
>my tires rotated, and now the display for the tire pressure is wrong. It
>reports the pressure for the back tires as the front tires. The Cadillac
>dealer wants $15 to "recalibate" the system, but I'd like to do myself. I
>believe this system is identical to the one of the Corvette. Does anyone
>know how to recalibrate the tire pressure monitoring system? Thanks in
>advacne.

Here's the scoop... the main item you need to re-calibrate (actually

it's "program the sensors" in the service manual lingo) the sensors is a

magnet to engage sensors during the training sequence. The GM tool is J

41760, but maybe a decent powered magnet with a horseshoe shape or hole in

it would suffice??? I use 2 stick magnets in the shape of a "V" and just set
it over the stem.

Make sure vehicle has been stationary for at least 2 minutes.

1 - Ignition on

2 - Press RESET to clear all IPC messages from DIC

3 - Press and release OPTIONS, scroll til IPC is blank

4 - Press and hold DIC RESET for 3 seconds

5 - Press OPTIONS again until TIRE TRAINING message is displayed

6 - Press RESET until IPC LEARN L FRONT TIRE to begin programming

7 - Install J 41760 over left front valve stem (I guess you could try a

hefty magnet now)

8 - The horn will sound indicating LF sensor is programmed

Notice - if after 15 seconds the horn doesn't sound, remove and reinstall

tool on stem. This may have to be done up to three times in some instances.

9 - IPC will direct you to LEARN R FRONT TIRE, R REAR TIRE, then L REAR

TIRE.

Programming Cancellation:

1. Programming mode will cancel if any of the following conditions are met:

- program mode exited through DIC

- ignition turned off

- all four sensors programmed

- TPM program mode for 2 minutes with no sensors learned

2. If cancelled with less than 4 codes stored, the receiver will only accept

the codes programmed up to that point.

There you have it, good luck.

Nice to have that Cadillac powered correctly.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 18th 05, 12:29 AM
Jon

Should be in your owner's manual. If you don't have the manual do a
search on the web. I've done it with a magnet on my Corvette but you
have to know how to get to it in the computer options on your dashboard
first.

Old August 18th 05, 01:40 AM
Barb

You must have a real low life money hungry moron for a dealer. We've
had the very same thing happen twice. When we went back to the dealer
the service greeter appologized profusely. He then got some kind of a
little hand held device and within two minutes had them all back in
sync.

We're I you, I'd do a couple of things.

1) If you get a form from the folks who do polls on service
satisfaction, fill it out and rip your dealer apart.

2) I'd call Cadillac directly, 1 800 458 8006 or if you're in Canada
the number is 1 800 263 3777 ( for French speaking it's 1 800 263 7854
)

Your expereince is simply unacceptable.