Two Saturns, one key

Old July 8th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
David Teichholtz

Default Two Saturns, one key

When I bought my 97 SL1, it came with two keys. The ignition switch had
been replaced and the idiots who did it did not bother to have the switch
coded to the car.

Today, while doing some other work to the car which involved having one of
the door skins off, I decided to pull both door lock cylinders, the trunk
cylinder and the ignition and get them coded to the key to my 95 SW1. Now
one key works both cars. Locksmith charged $40 to recode the cylinders.

-David

Old July 8th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:38:00 GMT, "David Teichholtz"
> wrote:

>When I bought my 97 SL1, it came with two keys. The ignition switch had
>been replaced and the idiots who did it did not bother to have the switch
>coded to the car.
>
>Today, while doing some other work to the car which involved having one of
>the door skins off, I decided to pull both door lock cylinders, the trunk
>cylinder and the ignition and get them coded to the key to my 95 SW1. Now
>one key works both cars. Locksmith charged $40 to recode the cylinders.
>
>-David

Wise move.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old July 8th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Roy[_1_]

Back in the good old days I had a similar setup. My friends Dodge truck key
would open the door on my Volare and I didn't need a key to turn the
ignition so if I locked myself out I could just get him to unlock my door
and away I went. My anti-theft device was a kill switch under the dash and a
push button to replace the solenoid.

Old July 8th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Tom The Great

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:38:00 GMT, "David Teichholtz"
> wrote:

>When I bought my 97 SL1, it came with two keys. The ignition switch had
>been replaced and the idiots who did it did not bother to have the switch
>coded to the car.
>
>Today, while doing some other work to the car which involved having one of
>the door skins off, I decided to pull both door lock cylinders, the trunk
>cylinder and the ignition and get them coded to the key to my 95 SW1. Now
>one key works both cars. Locksmith charged $40 to recode the cylinders.
>
>-David

Wow totally sweet!

later,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

Old July 11th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
Stormin Mormon

Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
| | | | | | | | | | |
^

Old July 11th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
'Key

"Tommy Tuner" > trolled in message
---snip the clueless troll---

Old July 11th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
mm

>On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:38:00 +0000, David Teichholtz wrote:
>
>> When I bought my 97 SL1, it came with two keys. The ignition switch had
>> been replaced and the idiots who did it did not bother to have the switch
>> coded to the car.

That costs extra money you know. Maybe they didn't have as much money
as you seem to have.

There are also disadvantages to having the same key for the door and
the ignition. A clever guy might have thought of that.

Old July 11th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
sbb78247

honestly, who gives a ****?
--
sbb78247

speak the truth and leave shortly there after!

Old July 11th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
BogusID

Little Tommy,

You shouldn't speak about your father that way...

He keyed the car to match out of love, and we know you filled the airbags
with beans be comfortable playing video games.

When the trailers a rocking, your picking your nose real hard - troll!

Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
| | | | | | | | | | |
^

Old July 11th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows-xp
Banned Apache

sbb78247 >, the skin-headed-idler and
tongue-tied him-her who likes earth-shattering courtesy ****s with
xenopus, and whose partner is a minx with a gaping dicky dino, wrote in
>:
> Tommy Tuner wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:38:00 +0000, David Teichholtz wrote:
>>
>>> When I bought my 97 SL1, it came with two keys. The ignition switch
>>> had been replaced and the idiots who did it did not bother to have
>>> the switch coded to the car.
>>>
>>> Today, while doing some other work to the car which involved having
>>> one of the door skins off, I decided to pull both door lock
>>> cylinders, the trunk cylinder and the ignition and get them coded to
>>> the key to my 95 SW1. Now one key works both cars. Locksmith
>>> charged $40 to recode the cylinders.
>>>
>>> -David

>> So now we know why Locksmithing is a dying trade and most locksmiths
>> are starving.
>>
>> The last locksmith I met hadn't bathed in weeks, smelled to high
>> heaven and basically lived inside his smelly, messed up van.
>>
>> He had half his teeth missing (or installed, depending upon how you
>> look at it) and couldn't string together a simple sentence composed
>> of words a 3rd grader would understand.
>> In the proper order of course.
>>
>> We used to have a couple of smiths' do work for the dealer I work at
>> but we quickly discovered that any idiot with the proper machine can
>> generate a key for a car so we cut them loose.
>>
>> We ended up saving money big time because the number of cars the
>> lockmsiths screwed up (mostly popped airbags) was substantial.
>>
>> My impression of Locksmiths is that they rank below insurance
>> salesmen but ever so slightly above a dustman.

> honestly, who gives a ****?

The dustman who has been classed as a lesser mortal than a ****ing
locksmith.
**** me! At least dustmen do something useful on a regular basis and don't
expect to be paid large sums of money for ****ing things up.

--
Lunch was nice;
Dishonoured mudskipper intestine with bladder seasoning under dirty carp

Gas prices forcing me to look for better MPG, questions on saturns [email protected] Saturn 14 May 4th 06 03:48 PM
New Saturns marx404 Saturn 8 April 23rd 06 08:49 AM
Why Do Saturns Suck... projecti Saturn 0 October 23rd 04 12:08 AM
Are saturns notorious for burning oil? CuriousOnly Saturn 8 August 22nd 04 10:43 PM
"Saturn's VUE new, improved" Mike Saturn 2 May 28th 04 12:34 AM