Advice sought- 34PICT-3 replacement

Old April 26th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Cletus[_2_]

Default Advice sought- 34PICT-3 replacement

On Apr 26, 11:27 am, Cletus > wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2:30 pm, wrote:

> > > thanks for your informative contribution ryan, thats just what this
> > > group needs.

> > > Though I emphasize my comment was partially sarcastic, I fully stand by it. EMPI is the scum of the VW industry and if you don't believe me, run a search on any and all VW sites, and then come back and tell me my opinion/thought/view is invalid.

> > My opinion also applies to Mario, until I find out that he refunded
> > that nine grand to the customer he so blatantly robbed.

> > EMPI sucks balls not only because of their poor abysmal quality of
> > parts, but also their customer support. You have an issue with their
> > parts, and they tell you to go bitch to the dealer you bought it
> > from. That's some a-ok customer service right there.

> First of all i agree about empi, cheap crap, I just thought that
> your original response didn't directly address the question, and I
> should have stated that differently myself, and this group has always
> helped me, and always needs helpful posers, excuse me, Jan, but you'd
> probably agree! There are so many options on carbs that it is
> nonsense to buy a $150 or more carb from the likes of EMPI, no matter
> who sells it. I have spent less than that on 4 Ebay specials and have
> gotten 2 very good carbs, 1 worn out but ran, and one parts carb. My
> point is just be careful and don't pay too much, but that holds true
> no matter where you buy.

excuse me, thats helpful posters, not "posers"
Old April 26th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Michael Cecil

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT), Cletus >
wrote:

>helped me, and always needs helpful posers, excuse me, Jan, but you'd

LOL! Freudian slip?
--
Michael Cecil
http://macecil.googlepages.com/index.htm
Old April 26th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT), Cletus >
> wrote:
>
>> helped me, and always needs helpful posers, excuse me, Jan, but you'd

> LOL! Freudian slip?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Poser Jan
Old May 4th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

OK, I’ll answer my own post. I went ahead and ordered part
C24-113-129-031-K from CIP. I had to drill out the throttle arm just
a little bit to get the accelerator cable clamp to fit, but apart from
that there were no problems in installation. The engine fired up and
ran smoothly without any adjustments. I tweaked the air bypass screw
just a bit to bring the idle down to specification, but that was all
that was required. The car ran very smoothly on a long highway run up
into the Gatineau hills. So far this no-name Chinese knock-off seems
to be an effective replacement for the stock carburetor. It will be
interesting to see what fuel economy it delivers.

In the long term I’ll try and get new throttle shaft bushings
installed on my original German Solex carb. The Solex ran fine and
gave a smooth idle, but I frequently found gas dripping off the
throttle shaft after highway runs, which was getting a bit
frightening.

Garry