How long were ACVW's designed to last?

Old March 25th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jjs

Default How long were ACVW's designed to last?

"Michael Cecil" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:03:50 -0600, "Derek A. Bill"
> > wrote:
>
>>Might want to rethink that. The better Rolexes don't have batteries.

> You don't throw away a Rolex just because you're completely paralyzed and
> it will no longer stay automatically wound. There, happy now?

There are automated watch winders.
http://www.horologist.com/images/Rolextool18.jpg
It does four at a time so a guy can invite three friends over for a winding
party.

I had a Rolex and didn't have any better time than I had with a Timex. Sold
it and had a party and haven't worn a watch since.

Old March 25th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"jjs" <jjs.jjs.net> wrote in message

> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>
>> no John, you are just being difficult... mechanical things break, and
>> consumables wear out, etc... you don't throw away a Rolex when the
>> battery dies...

> No? Aw ****! What have I done!

hahaha.... maybe they price the simple battery out of reach due to it being
*for* a rolex...

Old March 25th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Derek A. Bill" > wrote in message
m...
> Might want to rethink that. The better Rolexes don't have batteries.

had to hunt down your reply that was placed out of sequence.... but anyway,
"better" is subjective and needing to "rethink" not throwing away a rolex
because the battery is dead would only be necessary if none of them had
batteries. anyway, self-winding watches are nothing new, i have an old timex
from the early 70's that is self-winding...

but...to make you happy, you wouldn't throw away that old vw when a tire
goes flat... please don't tell me the better ones don't have tires, or i'm
way out of the loop...

Old March 25th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Derek A. Bill" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Might want to rethink that. The better Rolexes don't have batteries.
>>

> had to hunt down your reply that was placed out of sequence.... but
> anyway, "better" is subjective and needing to "rethink" not throwing away
> a rolex because the battery is dead would only be necessary if none of
> them had batteries. anyway, self-winding watches are nothing new, i have
> an old timex from the early 70's that is self-winding...
>
> but...to make you happy, you wouldn't throw away that old vw when a tire
> goes flat... please don't tell me the better ones don't have tires, or i'm
> way out of the loop...

someone more watch savy than myself has informed me that although rolex has
made battery powered watches in the past(since discontinued) nearly all(not
all, ever) were either wind up or self winding... but now that we've
*over-analyzed* a simple statement, i'll point out that everyone got the
point...<G>

Old March 26th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jjs

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> but...to make you happy, you wouldn't throw away that old vw when a tire
> goes flat

No? Aw man, first the Rollei and now THIS!

Gotta drag that 1950 outta the dump. New tires? Who wudda known?

Old March 26th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"jjs" <jjs.jjs.net> wrote in message

> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>
>> but...to make you happy, you wouldn't throw away that old vw when a tire
>> goes flat

> No? Aw man, first the Rollei and now THIS!
>
> Gotta drag that 1950 outta the dump. New tires? Who wudda known?

John...you seem in good spirits... everything going well in Minnesnowda?

Old March 26th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jjs

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "jjs" <jjs.jjs.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>>
>>> but...to make you happy, you wouldn't throw away that old vw when a tire
>>> goes flat

>> No? Aw man, first the Rollei and now THIS!
>>
>> Gotta drag that 1950 outta the dump. New tires? Who wudda known?
>>

> John...you seem in good spirits... everything going well in Minnesnowda?

Good spirits? Hell, it's CABIN FEVER! It's gonna snow again tonight! Like
maybe 10". We're going bananas!

Old March 27th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson

jjs wrote:
> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

>>> No? Aw man, first the Rollei and now THIS!
>>>
>>> Gotta drag that 1950 outta the dump. New tires? Who wudda known?
>>>

>> John...you seem in good spirits... everything going well in Minnesnowda?

> Good spirits? Hell, it's CABIN FEVER! It's gonna snow again tonight! Like
> maybe 10". We're going bananas!

All you need is a bottle or two of good spirits, and things will start
looking better
Old March 27th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_2_]

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:38:00 +0100, Joey Tribiani > wrote:

> "jjs" <jjs.jjs.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>>
>>> no John, you are just being difficult... mechanical things break, and
>>> consumables wear out, etc... you don't throw away a Rolex when the
>>> battery dies...

>> No? Aw ****! What have I done!
>>

> hahaha.... maybe they price the simple battery out of reach due to it
> being
> *for* a rolex...

Real watches don't have battery's..

J.

Old March 27th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Michael Cecil

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:23:49 -0400, Jan Andersson
> wrote:

>jjs wrote:

>>> John...you seem in good spirits... everything going well in Minnesnowda?

>> Good spirits? Hell, it's CABIN FEVER! It's gonna snow again tonight! Like
>> maybe 10". We're going bananas!

>All you need is a bottle or two of good spirits, and things will start
>looking better

I suggest watching The Day After Tomorrow while you wait.
--
Michael Cecil
http://macecil.googlepages.com/index.htm