#'s double-hump cylinder heads

Old October 10th 05, 04:43 PM
John Bender

Default #'s double-hump cylinder heads

I've found, while cleaning out my garage, a
set of heads a friend of mine gave to me a
few years back, in return for some $ owed.
Not sure if these match, but the numbers
I've found on them seem to be:
3927186 GM14 H278
3927186 GM18 I218
They show the double-hump, or camel-back,
on the front - does anyone know, or maybe
have access to a source, for info on these?

Thanks, John Bender

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old October 10th 05, 04:53 PM
Dad

"John Bender" > wrote in message
> I've found, while cleaning out my garage, a
> set of heads a friend of mine gave to me a
> few years back, in return for some $ owed.
> Not sure if these match, but the numbers
> I've found on them seem to be:
> 3927186 GM14 H278
> 3927186 GM18 I218
> They show the double-hump, or camel-back,
> on the front - does anyone know, or maybe
> have access to a source, for info on these?
>
> Thanks, John Bender
>
> *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
> Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

1969 300/350 hp 1970 300/350/370 hp 350 heads

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 11th 05, 06:53 AM
Barking Rats

In article >,
"Dad" > wrote:

> > Not sure if these match, but the numbers
> > I've found on them seem to be:
> > 3927186 GM14 H278
> > 3927186 GM18 I218
> > They show the double-hump, or camel-back,
> > on the front - does anyone know, or maybe
> > have access to a source, for info on these?

> 1969 300/350 hp 1970 300/350/370 hp 350 heads

Right, Dad, and the date codes given H278 and I218 indicate they're from
a '69 model year. First was made August 27, '68 and the second made
September 21, '68. Appropriate for a very late September or early to mid
October car (serial #702750-ish to 704500-ish).

I don't know if these were used in other Chevy applications as I don't
have a # cross reference book - but it's certainly possible they'd be
appropriate for a Camaro or some such.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is
original posting --
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger
Old October 11th 05, 11:17 PM
WayneC

John Bender wrote:
> I've found, while cleaning out my garage, a
> set of heads a friend of mine gave to me a
> few years back, in return for some $ owed.
> Not sure if these match, but the numbers
> I've found on them seem to be:
> 3927186 GM14 H278
> 3927186 GM18 I218
> They show the double-hump, or camel-back,
> on the front - does anyone know, or maybe
> have access to a source, for info on these?
>
> Thanks, John Bender

Used on '68 302CI Z28 Camaros and on '69 300 & 350hp Corvettes; possibly
other applications. 2.02" intake, 1.6" exhaust. Casting date of Aug 14
'68 on one head means it could possibly have been used on either '68 or
'69 vehicles, but the other head (Sept 18) means more likely they are
from a '69 Corvette.
Old October 18th 05, 11:42 PM
John Bender

FYI