FFB (so far)

Old September 25th 11, 10:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB (so far)

For whoever is following news about my testing.
First "cockiptLookDeadZone". I tetsted it all through, and it turned
out that the default setting (0.050000) is the right one. Others are not so
good. So, graphicwise things are getting simpler. It looks like the only
thing you got to do is to set FOV and hight of screen ("DrivingVanishY").
FFB settings wise, interestingly I got back where I was with iRacing
1.0, when damper was locked at 75%. Again it showed up that it is probably
the best to keep Overall and Centering Spring (unchecked) the same. But, all
combinations aren't good, ones closer to 100% are too "springy", while car
on my computer/wheel system best behaves somewhere around 140%. I still
didn't find the best one (didn't have time). When I'll find it, I'll see
what adjusting the Spring/Damper combination will bring me (for now I keep
this at 100%, in-game settings being 100/40.0). I presume that those also
have to be the same.
My times are at low 1:17 with Corvette at fixed Road Atlanta. Which
is pretty good, I am sure that it can go into 1:16 when I improve the FFB
settings and the driving line.

Mario

FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
Secrets of FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 2 August 4th 11 06:10 PM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM
Anybody Using FFB Wheel with Hyper Pedals? Jeff Haas Simulators 2 January 13th 06 11:12 PM
What is the current FFB Wheel of choice? Mike Armstrong Simulators 10 December 6th 04 10:36 AM