test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1)

Old March 8th 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 4 of 7 - yEnc "Facel I''''.jpg" 234226 bytes (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Facel I''''.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	39620
Old March 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 5 of 7 - yEnc "Facel II interior.jpg" 301518 bytes (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Facel II interior.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	39621
Old March 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 6 of 7 - yEnc "Facel II rear.jpg" 393015 bytes (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Facel II rear.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	39622
Old March 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 7 of 7 - yEnc "Facel II detail.jpg" 352199 bytes (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Facel II detail.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	39623
Old March 9th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger[_2_] André Ritzinger[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1)

Hm, I think it was the other way around, Charlie: BMW built the Isetta
under license from Iso. The Iso name comes from "Isofrigo", which
means something like "freezing at a constant temperature". The name
was chosen because the company started out with making refrigerators.
After the second world war they expanded to scooters, then bubble cars
(the Isetta) and ultimately luxury sports cars. The first sports car,
the Rivolta, was based on the design of the Gordon-Keeble which had
been acquired by Renzo Rivolta, the owner of Iso, after Gordon-Keeble
had failed. With the help Giotto Bizzarrini (of Ferrari 250 GTO fame)
it was converted to the Iso Rivolta.
Anyway, this car is not a kit-car nor a Ferrari but a very nice Iso
Grifo A3L

André.

Old March 9th 07, 06:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

That was my "reading error". I went back to my source and looked
again. It read 'through license-built Isettas were produced by BMW
(West Germany), VELAM (France), and Trojan (UK), the last
Isetta-derived machines were produced in 1964. The hyphen didn't sink
in and I read as through - " License, (coma) built etc, etc."
Thanks for putting the correction on the NG. ISO now gets the credit
is it should.

Doby

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 01:20:21 +0100, André Ritzinger

Old March 10th 07, 01:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Doby
> writes
>That was my "reading error". I went back to my source and looked
>again. It read 'through license-built Isettas were produced by BMW
>(West Germany), VELAM (France), and Trojan (UK),

..
In fact, the Isetta was produced in the UK by Isetta of Great Britain
Ltd, who were based in Brighton, from 1958-64. Trojan built the
similar-looking Heinkel between 1963 and 1965.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email

test post MR B Ford Mustang 0 December 14th 06 07:16 AM
test post only tech27 BMW 0 November 15th 05 05:15 AM
Test Post tech27 BMW 1 May 23rd 05 06:49 AM
Test Post Sam Brandt BMW 0 January 14th 05 01:06 AM
test post - second try Bob K 207 Technology 10 January 10th 05 09:14 PM