HO HO HO!!!

Old December 25th 04, 05:17 PM
Shaggie

Default HO HO HO!!!

Merry xmas and all that stuff to y'all. The kids are all happy with
the materialistic gifts we showered onto them. The coffee pot I got
for my wife was broken out of the box, and we only have one bottle of
wine left to try out her fancy new wine cork opener thingie on. I got
an extension cord reel thingie and a pair of "ratcheting" adjustable
wrenches and some Hickory Farms stuff from my dad. How did y'all make
out? I hope everyone has a relaxing holiday.

---

"Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old December 25th 04, 05:22 PM
Dennis Wik

I made out great. Got a new propane heater for the shop. One of those
turbo-types that construction crews use to heat areas so I know I will
be toasty. I love my wife.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old December 25th 04, 05:45 PM
Mike64Bug

Merry Christmas all. We had coffee pot troubles as well. The darn thing was suppose to come with filters but none were
to be found in the box. My son drove to the local convenience store (which doesn't sell filters) and begged for a
filter. The lady there said "sure, no problem...Merry Christmas" Santa Dad got him his wagon wheel rice burner wheels
and other associated rice burning accessories. He got me a good sized gift certificate for Home Depot which should last
for about one slow pass down the tool isle. : ) Too cold today to do any wrenching in the garage.

Old December 25th 04, 06:21 PM
Mike C.

Got a new PDA from my brother. Gave my mechanic a crap load of parts and
money for replacing all my window seals and putting in a new clutch.

Old December 25th 04, 06:35 PM
dragenwagen

new tires for the '66 (got them early)
VW mouse pad
and a craftsman car buffer - so I can wax my vw's and save the elbows! : )

Its raining and 33* and the weatherman is calling for sleet turning to snow!
wait a minute... i live in the deep south of MS., on the coast.... it isn't
supposed to snow here... hehe good thing i got those new tires, might have
to show these guys how a vw does in snow... lol

************************************************** **************
dragenwagen
1966 Type I - Daily Driver
1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Their Territory."
************************************************** **************

Old December 25th 04, 07:46 PM
Busman

Paper towels will work for filters in a pinch.
Andy

link.net...

Old December 25th 04, 07:50 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/25/2004 8:17 AM Shaggie wrote:

Merry Christmahannukawanzaka to all!

Spent the afternoon and evening at the in-laws' yesterday. All 29 of
them. What a zoo!

I got a toaster, a new coffee grinder, Assorted clothing items, the new
k.d. lang disc, Second City TV's first season on DVD, some green tea,
Jon Stewart's "America," and a subscription to Maxim magazine.

I gave my kids various and sundry swell stuff, including an MP3 player
to my son, a pea coat, a copy of "Napoleon Dynamite," on DVD, and weird
African mask; to my daughter I gave a gift certificate to her favorite
downtown clothing store (and complimentary trip on the train with Dad
and any friend she might invite to said store -- making an adventure of
it), lots of clothing and a copy of the extended version of "Return of
the King," on DVD. To my wife I gave a Panini maker, a Water-Pik, many
many earrings and bracelets and other assorted cute jewelry, and a
promise to master the new espresso machine her sister gave her yesterday
by the time she gets back later this morning from visiting the child she
is advocating for in the foster child court system.

Just stuff, stuff and more stuff. The best part? I've finally gotten
satisfied enough with myself and my life that I don't have any wish for
any stuff for myself. Just the pleasure of giving to the family. Which
is kinda selfish in its own way, I suppose. So I reckon I am not yet
there in terms of selflessness. More work to do!

Again, happy holidays to you and yours. And many thanks to all who have
offered help and shown patience with me while I climb the 1971 Type 2 VW
learning curve.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

Heard the one about the dyslexic devil worshiper?
He sold his soul to Santa.
------------------------------------
Old December 25th 04, 09:29 PM
Speedy Jim

Braukuche wrote:

> Got a set of sanding blocks from Eastwood. Should help iron out some of those
> waves on the Ghia project. Merry Christmas to all.
> --Dan E

FWIW, on complex shapes like the Ghia, I use a 8 X 10" sheet of very
hard rubber. It's maybe 3/8" thick and is hard enough that it takes
some effort to bend to shape. A full sheet of Wet-or-Dry handles quite
nicely and you don't get the straight-edge effect of a block.

Good luck on your project.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 25th 04, 10:05 PM
ThaDriver

I got two large candy bars, seven peices of chocolet in another package, &
4 AAA bateries. But it was all *dark* chocolet. ;^)
Maybe after tomorrow I can actually find something open & get back to
accomplishing something.
I *hate* the holidays!
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"