Road Atlanta fun

Old July 28th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

Default Road Atlanta fun

I got to do some laps at Road Atalanta last night. I have watched a
number of races but this was the first time I got to be on the track.
My best lap of nine was a 6:08.
Old July 28th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Joseph Gliebe

Jim, please clarify, not sure what lap of nine is, and 6:08 is confusing
because it is a 2.54 mile course, Thanks

Old July 28th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

What were you driving? Got the video! I know you had someone tape you!
:-)

Old July 28th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:29:16 -0400, "Joseph Gliebe"
> wrote:

>Jim, please clarify, not sure what lap of nine is, and 6:08 is confusing
>because it is a 2.54 mile course, Thanks
>
>"Jim Behning" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I got to do some laps at Road Atalanta last night. I have watched a
>> number of races but this was the first time I got to be on the track.
>> My best lap of nine was a 6:08.

Nine laps. One warm up lap after the Panoz school got off the track.
Then 8 hot laps at full throttle. My best time was 6:08. One
calculator suggests I was putting out 300 watts of power when I had
some faster laps.

http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=602548
Old July 28th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

I would guess the video has been tossed already. I doubt that I even
have any pictures. But I was there.
http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=602548

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:18:31 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"

Old July 29th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

6:06.122 Best Tm
24.582 Best Spd (Mph)
Ya did good Jim! ;-)

"Jim Behning" > wrote in message
news
>I would guess the video has been tossed already. I doubt that I even
> have any pictures. But I was there.
> http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=602548
>
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:18:31 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> > wrote:
>
>>What were you driving? Got the video! I know you had someone tape you!
>>:-)
>>

>>"Jim Behning" > wrote in
>>message
. ..

Old July 29th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

It was fun. Did I mention a few hours later while pacing another race
I was in a Subaru wagon with Pablo? Pablo used to race for the Porsche
factory team in a 935. He could not resist doing a bit of speed on the
back turns. That was fun even if we could only go 70 instead of the
195 he used to drive the 935. Holy crud 195? When you ride the course
at 15-40 mph on a bicycle every thing is visible. Just going 40-70 you
have to know the course and set up the turns. Some of those turns are
pretty blind at moderate speeds. Going race speed you have to trust
the corner workers. I wonder if the Panoz school has corner workers?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 02:29:37 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"

Old July 30th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

I went the speed limit (slow) driving the PCH back in '87. My friend said
to go faster and there were people passing me some of the time. This was my
first time on this road, it was nighttime without a moon, you could drive
over the edge, and the workers had removed the center reflector markers.
You have to know the turns to do this fast in the dark.
Nope I went slow and am still here today! lol

I can see 120-140mph on a straight road but not 195 on a race course. Maybe
it has something to do with age or wisdom! <g>

"Jim Behning" > wrote in message
> It was fun. Did I mention a few hours later while pacing another race
> I was in a Subaru wagon with Pablo? Pablo used to race for the Porsche
> factory team in a 935. He could not resist doing a bit of speed on the
> back turns. That was fun even if we could only go 70 instead of the
> 195 he used to drive the 935. Holy crud 195? When you ride the course
> at 15-40 mph on a bicycle every thing is visible. Just going 40-70 you
> have to know the course and set up the turns. Some of those turns are
> pretty blind at moderate speeds. Going race speed you have to trust
> the corner workers. I wonder if the Panoz school has corner workers?
>
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 02:29:37 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> > wrote:
>
>>6:06.122 Best Tm
>>24.582 Best Spd (Mph)
>>Ya did good Jim! ;-)
>>
>>"Jim Behning" > wrote in
>>message
>>news
>>>I would guess the video has been tossed already. I doubt that I even
>>> have any pictures. But I was there.
>>> http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=602548
>>>
>>> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:18:31 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"

m...

New Atlanta Freeway Videos Carl Rogers Driving 1 May 30th 07 06:15 AM
FS - 96 Miata in the Atlanta area [email protected] Mazda 0 October 4th 05 05:46 AM
Cindy Does Atlanta Larry Simulators 10 July 14th 05 02:36 AM
RASCAR Road Atlanta Race Results 1/22/05 David G Fisher Simulators 2 January 23rd 05 12:18 AM
6 Beetles FS in the Atlanta area ThaDriver VW air cooled 0 October 25th 04 09:27 AM