Any of you guys and or Gals live in the Houston Texas USA area?

Old April 1st 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mike West

Default Any of you guys and or Gals live in the Houston Texas USA area?

I went to an open car show today. While there with my chopped 66 bug I ran
into several fellow aircooled enthusiasts. One turned out to live in my
neighborhood and was there with his squareback. He also owns a Ghia. The
other entrant had a Meyers Manx clone that was real nice. We got to talking
about the lack of a Aircooled VW club on our side of town. SO we are going
to put something together. It will be real informal and we will get together
once a month at a local resturant or someplace. Our only requirement is that
you BRING YOUR CAR. There is a club here on the North side that has monthly
meetings. Two of us had attended at different times with the same result and
opinion. Few of them ever brought their cars out to the meetings .

So if any of you live on the Southwest side of Houston Texas
(Sugarland,Alief,Katy,Stafford etc.) let me know.
My direct e-mail addy is

Mike West

Old April 3rd 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Apr 1, 5:43 pm, "Mike West" > wrote:
> I went to an open car show today. While there with my chopped 66 bug I ran
> into several fellow aircooled enthusiasts. One turned out to live in my
> neighborhood and was there with his squareback. He also owns a Ghia. The
> other entrant had a Meyers Manx clone that was real nice. We got to talking
> about the lack of a Aircooled VW club on our side of town. SO we are going
> to put something together. It will be real informal and we will get together
> once a month at a local resturant or someplace. Our only requirement is that
> you BRING YOUR CAR. There is a club here on the North side that has monthly
> meetings. Two of us had attended at different times with the same result and
> opinion. Few of them ever brought their cars out to the meetings .
>
> So if any of you live on the Southwest side of Houston Texas
> (Sugarland,Alief,Katy,Stafford etc.) let me know.
> My direct e-mail addy is
>
> Mike West

Mike, I'm in the SW Houston area. I e-mailed you directly. I'm
looking to learn from others, as I just bought my first aircooled.
Thanks, JM.