Gas miles per gallon

Old October 11th 04, 05:33 AM
-= Roy =-

"Kent" wrote:
> Hmmm...Rufus and Strudelsmith may want to consider drinking beer by the
> liter rather than the gallon. ; )

The only thing I saw that made sense was that the gasoline price indeed is
quite a bit higher over here...
I pay about 60 euro at the gas station eacht time, and 1 litre costs 1.25
euro :'(

A full tank of gasoline gets me about 350 km far......

Roy

Old October 11th 04, 05:50 AM
Rob Guenther

I'd be out 120 euro a week then? What's that like ~200 Canadian or
something?

I pay $35cnd a week for ~700km with my diesel

No wonder everyone seems to be driving a bigger car then me.

Old October 11th 04, 06:06 AM
-= Roy =-

"Rob Guenther" wrote:
> I'd be out 120 euro a week then? What's that like ~200 Canadian or
> something?
>
> I pay $35cnd a week for ~700km with my diesel
>
> No wonder everyone seems to be driving a bigger car then me.

I'm up to driving about 400 KM each week.
Unfortunaly I'm still a student so I have to take the bus once in a while
:-p

The EURO - CAD are almost equal to each other

So 60 EUR is 60.45 CAD

Roy

Old October 11th 04, 07:07 AM
Kent

Let's see, at the current exchange rate, 1.25 EUR = 1.55 USD. You pay 5.87
USD per gallon (US). Highest price for premium here in the States is less
than half that, or 2.70 USD per gallon (US) in Lake Tahoe, CA.
--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 221,500+ miles

Old October 11th 04, 11:51 AM
-= Roy =-

"Kent" wrote:
> Let's see, at the current exchange rate, 1.25 EUR = 1.55 USD. You pay 5.87
> USD per gallon (US). Highest price for premium here in the States is less
> than half that, or 2.70 USD per gallon (US) in Lake Tahoe, CA.
> --
> Kent
> 1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 221,500+ miles

Seems kind of rediculous. Especially when you take into consideration that
my mileage is 16.5 mpg

maybe moving to the US isn't such a bad thing after all :-D

Roy
--
1989 VW Rabbit GTI 8V 140HP
100.040 miles

Old October 11th 04, 01:43 PM
Phreddy Phlintstone

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:06:56 +0200, "-= Roy =-" > wrote:
>"Rob Guenther" wrote:
>> I'd be out 120 euro a week then? What's that like ~200 Canadian or
>> something?
>>
>> I pay $35cnd a week for ~700km with my diesel
>>
>> No wonder everyone seems to be driving a bigger car then me.

>I'm up to driving about 400 KM each week.
>Unfortunaly I'm still a student so I have to take the bus once in a while
>:-p
>
>The EURO - CAD are almost equal to each other
>
>So 60 EUR is 60.45 CAD

Not even close: <http://www.xe.com/ucc/>

120.00 Euros = 186.301 Canadian Dollars

Phreddy
--
"If it ain't broke, don't lend it."

Red Green
Old October 11th 04, 01:48 PM
-= Roy =-

"Phreddy Phlintstone" wrote
> Not even close: <http://www.xe.com/ucc/>
>
> 120.00 Euros = 186.301 Canadian Dollars
>
> Phreddy
> --
> "If it ain't broke, don't lend it."
>
> Red Green

True true, I checked a different bank and i got out that 100 euro is about
166 CAD

-= Roy =-

Old October 12th 04, 12:16 AM
Rob Guenther

Sounds about right... the CAD gets you about 77-78 US cents... and the euro
is worth a bit more then the USD is it not?

Old October 12th 04, 07:35 PM
Mike Smith

Rob Guenther wrote:

> Sounds about right... the CAD gets you about 77-78 US cents... and the euro
> is worth a bit more then the USD is it not?

About $1.20 IIRC.

--
Mike Smith
Old October 13th 04, 03:56 AM
Mike Smith

Kent wrote:

> Let's see, at the current exchange rate, 1.25 EUR = 1.55 USD. You pay 5.87
> USD per gallon (US). Highest price for premium here in the States is less
> than half that, or 2.70 USD per gallon (US) in Lake Tahoe, CA.

I remember, though, when the ratio was more like 4:1 (i.e. about $1/gal
in the US, vs. more than $1/liter in Europe).

--
Mike Smith