A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto Images » Car Show Photos
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-BD627BBF84\My Documents\2008 Kruse Auction\1 AMC - Cadillac (33)-AMC 1957 Nash Statesman Super 4dr sdn GrnIvry front .jpg (0/1)-156574-152

Old March 27th 08, 04:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby
external usenet poster

Default C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-BD627BBF84\My Documents\2008 Kruse Auction\1 AMC - Cadillac (33)-AMC 1957 Nash Statesman Super 4dr sdn GrnIvry front .jpg (0/1)-156574-152

This was the most challenging photo shoot I've ever had to do. It was on two days and
the weather did it's damndest to give a little bit of everything. We had beautiful sunshine,
the large clouds that would float over the sun and change the brightness while the
camera was in focus mode. Later it completely clouded over, then the winds came up.
It was a scramble of owners moving their cars into several barns to protect them from
what looked like rain or even hail. I left when the rain started. The next day was again
similar only now many of the cars were now in several different barns and each barn
was had different lighting from small window up hight, to large open doors that flooded
only certain areas of the barn. Then there were the barns that had some red spot lights,
green ones, yellow and blue, not all in the same places. It gave the cars strange colors
that only when the camera's flash went off, did I find out about what color the cars were.

The point of this story is I am posting all 269 photos regardless of the quality. The dark
barns made for very noisy colors in the photos. The big doors washed out some spots
in other photos. The reason I decided to show all is some of the cars were very rare,
others unique, and others special in their own way. They will be spaced out in 7 groups.
Most will be in the 30's and two will be in the 40's. All groups are in alpha order so
the AMC will be first and at the end 269 will be Volvo.
Ads
Old March 27th 08, 06:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-BD627BBF84\My Documents\2008 Kruse Auction\1 AMC - Cadillac (33)-AMC 1957 Nash Statesman Super 4dr sdn GrnIvry front .jpg-156574-152

I sympathise with you, Doby. I was shooting under somewhat less adverse
conditions, but it's frustrating to photograph so many nice subjects while
contending with these wild lighting problems. You did well, IMO.

--
Z~

On 26-Mar-2008, (Doby) wrote:

> This was the most challenging photo shoot I've ever had to do. It was on
> two days and
> the weather did it's damndest to give a little bit of everything. We had
> beautiful sunshine,
> the large clouds that would float over the sun and change the brightness
> while the
> camera was in focus mode. Later it completely clouded over, then the
> winds came up.
> It was a scramble of owners moving their cars into several barns to
> protect them from
> what looked like rain or even hail. I left when the rain started. The
> next day was again
> similar only now many of the cars were now in several different barns and
> each barn
> was had different lighting from small window up hight, to large open doors
> that flooded
> only certain areas of the barn. Then there were the barns that had some
> red spot lights,
> green ones, yellow and blue, not all in the same places. It gave the cars
> strange colors
> that only when the camera's flash went off, did I find out about what
> color the cars were.
>
> The point of this story is I am posting all 269 photos regardless of the
> quality. The dark
> barns made for very noisy colors in the photos. The big doors washed out
> some spots
> in other photos. The reason I decided to show all is some of the cars were
> very rare,
> others unique, and others special in their own way. They will be spaced
> out in 7 groups.
> Most will be in the 30's and two will be in the 40's. All groups are in
> alpha order so
> the AMC will be first and at the end 269 will be Volvo.