What to do?

Old March 28th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

Default What to do?

Just got severed a notice on my 5 VW's that do not run and my dad's
Motor Home. And must be moved with in 72 hours (3days). Had a guy
from the city concil stop by and he may buy 3 of them for 520. I
really do not want to get rid of any except for one junk one.

This ****es me off. I am going to try and keeep my 2 junkiest looking
ones behind the swimming pool and fence. Then take the juniest parts
and put on my running one.

I know some of yall have gone through simular stuff.

Thanks Steven

Old March 28th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Robert

On Mar 27, 5:04 pm, "Noice87" > wrote:
> Just got severed a notice on my 5 VW's that do not run and my dad's
> Motor Home. And must be moved with in 72 hours (3days). Had a guy
> from the city concil stop by and he may buy 3 of them for 520. I
> really do not want to get rid of any except for one junk one.
>
> This ****es me off. I am going to try and keeep my 2 junkiest looking
> ones behind the swimming pool and fence. Then take the juniest parts
> and put on my running one.
>
> I know some of yall have gone through simular stuff.
>
> Thanks Steven

For the motorhome, you might contact the Good Sam Club at
800-234-3450. They have been involved in fights about motorhome
parking before and may be able to give you some advice or lead you in
a better direction. As far as your cars, ask if it would be
acceptable if you bought car covers for them. I know in my town, you
are allowed one inoperable car in the driveway if it is fitted with a
car cover. Have you asked for an extension so you can have a little
more time to remedy the problem without losing out finacially? If you
are only allowed one with a car cover, do you have any friends that
you could put one with a cover on their property until you get a
better plan figured out? - Robert

Old March 28th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

Got a friend in one town over but I already have 2 cars their. Car
covers would cost to much. I think we have room to put them behind
the fence that goes around the swimming pool which we never use any
more. But I doubt I could get them all moved behind their and the
fence back up in 3 days.

Thanks Steven

Old March 28th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Noice87" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Had a guy
> from the city concil stop by and he may buy 3 of them for 520.

sounds like an "inside" job...maybe this councilman wanted your cars so
pushed the issue to force you to act...maybe not...but that said, if your
place looks like a junkyard i'd say get rid of the junk....your neighbors
will thank you for it...

Old March 28th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Car covers cost too much?????
I have seen some at Kmart for maybe $30 or so.

I keep my area clean so my neighbors don't complain and allow me to do work
on my cars. <g>
Sheds can hold a lot of parts in case you part out the vehicles. Just a
thought!
--
later,
dave

ups.com...

Old March 28th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Papa

You got served that notice because your vehicles are a nuisance that ruin
the looks of a neighborhood, invite crime, and cause property values to go
down. Your notice was most likely the result of complaints from your
neighbors, and I don't blame them.

Old March 29th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

First their is already illegal activites going on that the police do
nothing about. Second when we bought the house it had no parked cars
and no one wanted it as it was. 1.5 acres 3 bedrooms, 1/.5 bath, Big
Shop, In ground swimming poool and we got it for 36,000. Houses here
aren't worth jack anyway. Highway is going around town anyway.

City COncelmman came by and said he wife said no. He is hauling off
one junk one. Thes rest of them we are putting in our shop. One is
already in.

What makes me really made is only having 3 days to move or get them
running. I wouldn't be so mad if we had 30 days.

If I'm still in town in 2 years I may have to run for mayor :-)

Old March 30th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

Go 4 in the shop. And someone is uppose to come take a junk one off
tomorrow.

Old March 30th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Flea

On Mar 29, 8:57 pm, "Noice87" > wrote:
> Go 4 in the shop. And someone is uppose to come take a junk one off
> tomorrow.

you can get extensions on those ... i ran into that in the town in
arkansas i moved from ... while restoring a 69 camaro ... a cop came
by and asked me about the car .. if it was for sale and such ... i
said no .. next day i had a ticket on my front door giving me 5 days
to move it .... i pushed it back into my carport and hung a tarp
around the carport so it couldn't be seen ... then went to the city
hall to find out the rules exactly ... if it is out of sight .. you
can have as many as you want ... and at the city hall they offered to
extendit for me for a few more weeks if need be...

my issue was that the cop wanted the car so he thought he could force
me to sell it...

Old April 1st 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis[_4_]

On Mar 30, 8:32 am, "Flea" > wrote:
> On Mar 29, 8:57 pm, "Noice87" > wrote:
>
> > Go 4 in the shop. And someone is uppose to come take a junk one off
> > tomorrow.

> you can get extensions on those ... i ran into that in the town in
> arkansas i moved from ... while restoring a 69 camaro ... a cop came
> by and asked me about the car .. if it was for sale and such ... i
> said no .. next day i had a ticket on my front door giving me 5 days
> to move it .... i pushed it back into my carport and hung a tarp
> around the carport so it couldn't be seen ... then went to the city
> hall to find out the rules exactly ... if it is out of sight .. you
> can have as many as you want ... and at the city hall they offered to
> extendit for me for a few more weeks if need be...
>
> my issue was that the cop wanted the car so he thought he could force
> me to sell it...

My little town tried the same thing. It caused my son and his
neighbor to move their vehicles to property I own boardering two sides
of the city limits. Then they had to look at them when they left the
city. My son then forced them to enforce it on others who took them
to court and now no one cares anymore. Anyway besides the good sam
club, there are several car clubs and even ins co who are against this
including haggerty ins. co.............go to www.semasan.com who fight
zoning and city ordinances such as this crap. Dennis