12 volt turn signal relay help needed

Old April 1st 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mike West

Default 12 volt turn signal relay help needed

I thought it would look cool so I swapped out my stock turn signal lever
with some aftermarket thing. well I never could get it to work correctly so
today I tried to put the car back as it was.
My stock turn lever had only three wires on it when I got the car and the
turn signals did work.
When I had removed it I put tags on the wires . Well only two remained
today, the two to the turn signal Left and right wires that have the "Y"
type of plastic connector thing.
My car did not have a stock relay .the one in the car has only three poles
on it. I have awiring article from an old issue of VW Trends and it shows a
similar three pole relay in their parts list but no clue as how it should be
wired.
To make a long story short, Which relay terminal'pole does the one wireI
have left from the turn signal switch go to?

Better yet, what wires go where on these three terminals?

Help!!

Thanks, Mike

Old April 1st 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

YEAR of VW along with model might help! ;-)

Old April 1st 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Mike West wrote:
> I thought it would look cool so I swapped out my stock turn signal lever
> with some aftermarket thing. well I never could get it to work correctly so
> today I tried to put the car back as it was.
> My stock turn lever had only three wires on it when I got the car and the
> turn signals did work.
> When I had removed it I put tags on the wires . Well only two remained
> today, the two to the turn signal Left and right wires that have the "Y"
> type of plastic connector thing.
> My car did not have a stock relay .the one in the car has only three poles
> on it. I have awiring article from an old issue of VW Trends and it shows a
> similar three pole relay in their parts list but no clue as how it should be
> wired.
> To make a long story short, Which relay terminal'pole does the one wireI
> have left from the turn signal switch go to?
>
> Better yet, what wires go where on these three terminals?
>
> Help!!
>
> Thanks, Mike

Looks like this:
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/flash3.gif

(Shows a 4-prong flasher. Yours won't have the KBL terminal;
just hook that wire to 49a.)

Here's a view of the 3-pronger, sans color:
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/flash2.gif

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!"
Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Jeep turn signal relay access edr via CarKB.com 4x4 0 October 6th 06 12:31 PM
turn signal relay RhinoJockey VW air cooled 2 April 24th 06 06:30 PM
turn signal relay on 91 200 andy Audi 3 November 19th 05 04:27 PM
turn signal relay on 91 200 andy Audi 0 November 18th 05 11:17 PM
Turn Signal Relay/Flasher ?? George Nikolovski VW water cooled 15 May 29th 05 03:40 PM