Administration to outlaw old foreign vehicles

Old April 1st 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
pico

Default Administration to outlaw old foreign vehicles

01/04/2007 Washington DC

U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters has announced a proposed
bill which would remove from United States roads all foreign automobiles
manufactured before 1970. Citing concerns of pollution and the general
lack of safety, Peters said, "We are confident that the American People
will receive this law in the same cooperative spirit that they have
shown for the wisdom of the current Administration."

Peters also noted that a ban on Volkswagen Bugs for licensed
transportation in Brazil was a large success, suggesting that this law
is an attempt to gain confidence in Brazil's leadership towards a
complete open market.
Old April 2nd 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
fred67bug

On Apr 1, 11:16?am, pico > wrote:
> 01/04/2007 Washington DC
>
> U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters has announced a proposed
> bill which would remove from United States roads all foreign automobiles
> manufactured before 1970. Citing concerns of pollution and the general
> lack of safety, Peters said, "We are confident that the American People
> will receive this law in the same cooperative spirit that they have
> shown for the wisdom of the current Administration."
>
> Peters also noted that a ban on Volkswagen Bugs for licensed
> transportation in Brazil was a large success, suggesting that this law
> is an attempt to gain confidence in Brazil's leadership towards a
> complete open market.

This bill will never pass if we aircooled fans have a say in it-this
would require every concerned person to write or call in response to
this unreasonable bill.How much pollution do the miniscule amount of
"foreign " cars produce in respect to the huge volume of American
cars,trucks and SUVs? I think this bears watching closely and thank
you for making us aware of it. Fred67bug

Old April 2nd 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis[_4_]

On Apr 1, 7:07 pm, "fred67bug" > wrote:
> On Apr 1, 11:16?am, pico > wrote:
>
> > 01/04/2007 Washington DC

> > U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters has announced a proposed
> > bill which would remove from United States roads all foreign automobiles
> > manufactured before 1970. Citing concerns of pollution and the general
> > lack of safety, Peters said, "We are confident that the American People
> > will receive this law in the same cooperative spirit that they have
> > shown for the wisdom of the current Administration."

> > Peters also noted that a ban on Volkswagen Bugs for licensed
> > transportation in Brazil was a large success, suggesting that this law
> > is an attempt to gain confidence in Brazil's leadership towards a
> > complete open market.

> This bill will never pass if we aircooled fans have a say in it-this
> would require every concerned person to write or call in response to
> this unreasonable bill.How much pollution do the miniscule amount of
> "foreign " cars produce in respect to the huge volume of American
> cars,trucks and SUVs? I think this bears watching closely and thank
> you for making us aware of it. Fred67bug

This is a joke, right?

Old April 2nd 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Apr 1, 8:07?pm, "fred67bug" > wrote:
> On Apr 1, 11:16?am, pico > wrote:
>
> > 01/04/2007 Washington DC

> > U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters has announced a proposed
> > bill which would remove from United States roads all foreign automobiles
> > manufactured before 1970. Citing concerns of pollution and the general
> > lack of safety, Peters said, "We are confident that the American People
> > will receive this law in the same cooperative spirit that they have
> > shown for the wisdom of the current Administration."

sounds like a bad April fool's joke

your talking not only VW's MG's BSA's Triumph BMW (bikes and cars)
mini coppers Jags and a long list of others.

It would not bother me to get rid of Asian junk from 07 back....lol

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Old April 2nd 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
pico

Dennis wrote:

> This is a joke, right?

Is the bear Catholic?