ASC sunroof on '91' XJ?

Old December 3rd 10, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Doug2

Default ASC sunroof on '91' XJ?

Thanks to DougW I finally resolved my issue between
my sunroof and pwr. antenna (which were both tapped
from the same fuse on the fuse panel). I tracked down
the pwr. antenna relay (which is below the glove box,
on the passenger side and behind the dash panel there
and disconnected the leads leading to the pwr. antenna.

Anyway, now that my sunroof works again but it needs two
things:

i. needs to be lubricated. Would high temp brake grease
work for this application (I have lots of high temp
brake grease)?
ii. it needs the weatherstripping replaced. Can I do this
myself if I can find a source for it? What kind of
cement/bonding agent would I want to use for this?

Thanks in advance!

Old December 4th 10, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Doug2 wrote:

> Thanks to DougW I finally resolved my issue between
> my sunroof and pwr. antenna (which were both tapped
> from the same fuse on the fuse panel). I tracked down
> the pwr. antenna relay (which is below the glove box,
> on the passenger side and behind the dash panel there
> and disconnected the leads leading to the pwr. antenna.
>
> Anyway, now that my sunroof works again but it needs two
> things:
>
> i. needs to be lubricated. Would high temp brake grease
> work for this application (I have lots of high temp
> brake grease)?
> ii. it needs the weatherstripping replaced. Can I do this
> myself if I can find a source for it? What kind of
> cement/bonding agent would I want to use for this?

Doug, you may want to consider the white lithium grease. Superior
performance in cold weather, doesn't run at high temps, and is just plain
old cleaner to have around where you can get against it. I see it commonly
on door latches, window crank/regulators, etc.

--
Will Honea

Old December 4th 10, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Will Honea wrote:
> Doug2 wrote:
>
>> Thanks to DougW I finally resolved my issue between
>> my sunroof and pwr. antenna (which were both tapped
>> from the same fuse on the fuse panel). I tracked down
>> the pwr. antenna relay (which is below the glove box,
>> on the passenger side and behind the dash panel there
>> and disconnected the leads leading to the pwr. antenna.
>>
>> Anyway, now that my sunroof works again but it needs two
>> things:
>>
>> i. needs to be lubricated. Would high temp brake grease
>> work for this application (I have lots of high temp
>> brake grease)?
>> ii. it needs the weatherstripping replaced. Can I do this
>> myself if I can find a source for it? What kind of
>> cement/bonding agent would I want to use for this?

> Doug, you may want to consider the white lithium grease. Superior
> performance in cold weather, doesn't run at high temps, and is just
> plain old cleaner to have around where you can get against it. I see
> it commonly on door latches, window crank/regulators, etc.

Second that. Lithium grease. sparingly and clean out the collected
dirt/hair/dust/stuff.

As for the weatherstripping and parts http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/
Generic howto
http://www.automedia.com/Sunroof_Reb...cr20050101sr/1

I've never had a car with a sunroof. To me it's just another thing
that can leak.

--
DougW

ASC+T and ASC+T/DSC Mike G BMW 2 December 16th 07 09:12 PM
Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1968 Mercury Cougar 390 with Power Sunroof from ASC (American Sunroof Company) White fv (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 342249 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:55 PM
Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1968 Mercury Cougar 390 with Power Sunroof ASC (American Sunroof Company) White Signage (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 146839 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:54 PM
Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1968 Mercury Cougar 390 with Power Sunroof ASC (American Sunroof Company) White fvr (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 340372 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:54 PM
ASC+T technical question John Burns BMW 5 September 25th 06 03:48 PM