catayltic converter seach for 98 TJ 4.0

Old October 16th 10, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default catayltic converter seach for 98 TJ 4.0

Been looking online for a replacement cat, so far I am coming up with
49 state only and zero CA. The dealer can get it, but thats $850. Does
anyone here have a source?
Old October 16th 10, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

tinasguy wrote:
> Been looking online for a replacement cat, so far I am coming up with
> 49 state only and zero CA. The dealer can get it, but thats $850. Does
> anyone here have a source?

I just go to a local muffler shop. They all carry them.
Last one cost me about $100 installed.

--
DougW

Old October 16th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Oct 16, 11:46*am, "DougW" >
wrote:
> tinasguy wrote:
> > Been looking online for a replacement cat, so far I am coming up with
> > 49 state only and zero CA. The dealer can get it, but thats $850. Does
> > anyone here have a source?

> I just go to a local muffler shop. *They all carry them.
> Last one cost me about $100 installed.
>
> --
> DougW

yea been there, but they are coming up with no listing for my Jeep. I
suupose it's because of the new Ca cat laws?
Old October 16th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

tinasguy wrote:
> "DougW" wrote:
>> tinasguy wrote:
>>> Been looking online for a replacement cat, so far I am coming up
>>> with 49 state only and zero CA. The dealer can get it, but thats
>>> $850. Does anyone here have a source?

>> I just go to a local muffler shop. They all carry them.
>> Last one cost me about $100 installed.

> yea been there, but they are coming up with no listing for my Jeep. I
> suupose it's because of the new Ca cat laws?

Could be. California is funny that way with red-tape, fees, taxes, and
general stupidity.

Do you have any reason to drive to say Nevada?

OEM
http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

They charge a high core price because of platinum in the unit.

--
DougW

Old October 18th 10, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_8_]

Have you considered a wrecking yard?

Catalytic Converter? oh123 Saturn 1 April 10th 08 06:18 AM
Rust converter help-slip-franklin VW air cooled 12 September 12th 06 08:34 AM
catalytic converter loub Honda 3 September 6th 06 01:22 AM
Catalytic Converter Gary[_3_] Mazda 4 August 31st 06 06:32 AM
catalytic converter [email protected] Saturn 11 May 21st 06 08:21 PM