New carburettor- At least for me.

Old February 6th 06, 09:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default New carburettor- At least for me.

Hi Chris

I read a few posts on berryman cleaner but I can't find it here in
Portugal. I can find a bootles of 4 liters of WD40 put I think that it
wouldn't be enough.

Joćo

Old February 6th 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Hi Joćo

Diesel isn't bad at cleaning engine parts. I haven't tried it on carbs
though.

Rich

oups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Hi Rich,

I would like to put it shining :-) and it will be impossible using
Diesel.
I will call to a guy that worked on VW for 35 years. He will know what
to do. He cleaned the air filter for me and I notice a huge difference.
I was just trying to avoid calling him.

Joćo

Old February 6th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"I read a few posts on berryman cleaner but I can't find it here in
Portugal. I can find a bootles of 4 liters of WD40 put I think that it
wouldn't be enough. "

The last time I was at checker auto parts they had a couple different
brands of gallon container carburetor soak. I only used berryman
because it came recommended by someone else and it has a 'seal' on the
top that is designed to keep the solution from evaporating. I'm not
sure if the other brands do this. Basically they put some other
chemical into the can with the carb cleaner that will form a layer on
top of the solution.

You could probably get away with any brand so long as you have a large
enough container to completely cover the main body and top cover. You
could try going the spray carb-cleaner way and try to direct the spray
into every single passageway, but I've personally had better results by
letting the casting soak for a day or two.

Chris

Old February 6th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

yep, methylene chloride in portuguese cloreto de metileno

IT IS NASTY!!!

Joćo

Old February 7th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

ultrasonic bath!?!?!?!?! Could you explain it better?

Today, I disassembled the carburetor. Look the inside!

http://i1.tinypic.com/ncf2uc.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/nceh6c.jpg

Joćo

Old February 7th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Hi Bob,

Do you think that's good idea to remove everything from that dirty
carb. I'm talking about choke shaft, throttle shat, etc.

Joćo