Mount NB seats in a NA?

Old September 4th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Steven Spits

Default Mount NB seats in a NA?

Hi,

Is it possible to mount NB seats in a NA?

Miata.net says yes, based on what one member said. Can someone confirm this?

Steven

- - -

Old September 4th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Steven Spits wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to mount NB seats in a NA?
>
> Miata.net says yes, based on what one member said. Can someone confirm
> this?

According to this http://www.miata.net/garage/compatibility.html they
will fit.

In our local club, we have a couple of folks who have put NB seats into
their NAs without difficulty.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old September 4th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

NA's for the most part have better seats IMHO but you can probably make them
work. I was trying desperately to switch my NA seats into my NB before I
sold the old 92 but after working through all the little issues (seat belt
brackets and such) I had to nix the idea as the NA's were taller and
interfered with maximum seat-back travel due to the roll bar! I guess some
of the NB seats are pretty good, which year are you going to?

I guess my point is don't assume newer is better, there are large
differences within NB seats as far as supportiveness and shape.

Chris
99BBB

Old September 7th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Hughes

"Steven Spits" > wrote in
net.net:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to mount NB seats in a NA?
>
> Miata.net says yes, based on what one member said. Can someone confirm
> this?
>
> Steven
>
> - - -

heh, I was actually wonderring recently if NA seats would fit in an NC.. I
love the seats in my 94 and w/ the limited time I've spent in my brother's
99 (10ae) and my friend's 06, I'd rate the NC above the NB, but the NA
above all.

-Scott
Old September 7th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Scott Hughes wrote:

> heh, I was actually wonderring recently if NA seats would fit in an NC.. I
> love the seats in my 94 and w/ the limited time I've spent in my brother's
> 99 (10ae) and my friend's 06, I'd rate the NC above the NB, but the NA
> above all.
>
> -Scott

Very little experience in a 2006+ model, but I agree on the NA seats
being better, at least for me, than any NB seats I have sat in and a lot
of others think so too.

I think that one reason for the change is the fact the the U.S.
population, which is a huge miata market, is getting so damn fat that
too many people were having trouble fitting into those form-fitting
seats that Mazda introduced with the first miata, especially the cloth
version.

Pat
Old September 8th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

There's no doubt that the bolsters have widened / softened on at least some
NB's (incl'g mine) although I believe there are several versions.

Chris
99BBB

Old September 8th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

Each seat is different as people are different. The seats in my 99 NB seem
to be as good or better than the seats in any other car I've driven.
Understand that I have two ruptured disks (old injury). The seatbacks
support my back exactly where it's needed.

Old September 8th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chuck wrote:
> Each seat is different as people are different. The seats in my 99 NB seem
> to be as good or better than the seats in any other car I've driven.
> Understand that I have two ruptured disks (old injury). The seatbacks
> support my back exactly where it's needed.

Very true. It also depends what you are looking for. The first cloth
miata seats are the most secure seats that I have ever sat in that were
also very comfortable with the exception of a Recarro that I rode
passenger in one time.

This includes every newer generation miata with stock seats that I have
sat in. Not that they have been bad, but certainly not as good for me.

That is great that the 1999 seat fits you well.

I still think that the reason for widening the bolsters, as Chris put
it, is due to the general widening of people's figures. I doubt if any
of the NB's or NC's have seats as narrow as the originals.
Of course, that G-lock seatbelt lockdown device helps take care of it if
lack of side support is a problem for you.

Pat

Cooled seats mcquarrie BMW 4 August 11th 06 04:09 PM
'66 broken motor mount vbrink Ford Mustang 9 May 9th 06 09:19 PM
APC Seats for Wrangler [email protected] Jeep 5 April 1st 06 03:42 AM
heated seats and power windows. Cyclone Guy VW air cooled 17 December 28th 05 11:45 PM
Replace old seats ('94) with seats from newer Accords? [email protected] Honda 0 August 9th 05 08:00 PM