Turn signal switch wiring

Old February 19th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Turn signal switch wiring

Hey there everyone. Ok...here goes. Used the bently manual to figure out the
wiring for my new turn signal switch. 1967 type 1. Seems the manual and the
colors dont exactly match up. What wire goes where? Anyone got a schematic
or wisdom on the colors? I did a search and no one lists what goes
where...Thanks for the help.

Old February 19th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

bug wrote:

> Hey there everyone. Ok...here goes. Used the bently manual to figure out the
> wiring for my new turn signal switch. 1967 type 1. Seems the manual and the
> colors dont exactly match up. What wire goes where? Anyone got a schematic
> or wisdom on the colors? I did a search and no one lists what goes
> where...Thanks for the help.

On '67, the Horn wiring doesn't go thru the turn signal assy,
so you are left with 3 wires for turn signal plus 2 wires for
the dimmer switch.

Looks like this:

http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/turn.gif

(disregard the horn wire)

E-mail if you still have a problem...

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old February 20th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

There was also a very good color wiring diagram and article in a back issue
of VW Trends just a year ago or so. Don't know if you can get back issues as
I have heard they went outa business. I have the copy and pulled out the
pages for my file. If you can't find it , I can make a color copy for you.

HTH, Mike

Turn Signal Lever Problem [email protected] Technology 2 December 28th 05 11:27 PM
Faulty turn signal Peter Bozz BMW 0 November 7th 05 09:06 AM
Question on wiring of 97 A/C pressure switch [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 July 27th 05 12:45 AM
electrically stupid BDragon Corvette 32 February 6th 05 08:14 AM
Turn signal [email protected] BMW 2 January 16th 05 11:04 PM