Electronic Ignition Wiring

Old April 1st 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Electronic Ignition Wiring

Trying convert the breaker point system to electronic ignition for my
Landcruiser II 1991 model with 22R engine. The electronic ignition
comes with the whole distributor with one blue and one black wire.
There are no other wires.Can anyone advise me how should I connect the
wires?

Old April 1st 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

You might want to give us a clue as to the model of the replacement unit
or the maker at least.....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 2nd 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

"ZhangLu" > wrote

> Trying convert the breaker point system to electronic ignition for my
> Landcruiser II 1991 model with 22R engine. The electronic ignition
> comes with the whole distributor with one blue and one black wire.
> There are no other wires.Can anyone advise me how should I connect the
> wires?

Toyota probably standardize its wirings by now. On some import cars the
blue wire goes to the + terminal on the coil, while the black wire goes
to the - terminal. You will need to connect the ignition switch to the coil +
otherwise the car won't run.

Check to see what color the ignition coil currently uses. If you're not sure
use a test light in series with the breaker point system and the coil + and see
if the car runs. The test light should prevent you from blowing the circuit.

As you can also see in this kit the black goes to coil (-).

http://i-netmarine.com/elecig/elecig2.html
Old April 2nd 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Finally got it! Black ( the wire is black but there's a red sleeve near
the connector ) goes to +ve and blue to -ve of ignition coil. This
system was manufactured/modified by some local factory and they sell
without even an instruction manual. Anyway, thanks so much.