2.4JTD Clutch

Old January 18th 05, 12:36 AM

Default 2.4JTD Clutch

Hello,

I have a 2001 156 2.4JTD, with 78,000 miles (125,000Km) on the clock.

I have noticed that the clutch has begun to smell of burning when the
engine is under load, although it doesn't seem to slip much - 90mph
(145kmh) is at 3,000 rpm as it always has been.

Does it sound like I need a new clutch? Is this the normal mileage to
get out of clutch? Even with all the torque, I would have hoped for
more!

Is replacing it a complicated job, and am I best using the standard
Alfa part? Is the clutch on the multijet JTD's upgraded? And will it
last longer, or are the plated softer so it slips less and so won't
last as long? (If that is how they work) Or are there any other
clutches anyone can recommend?

I am thinking of getting it chipped, so would be interested in a clutch
capable of taking more torque.

Thanks for your help,

Nick

2.4JTD Gearbox Nick Evans Alfa Romeo 0 January 18th 05 12:35 AM
156 knocking when clutch dropped Peter Mac Alfa Romeo 4 November 19th 04 07:33 PM
clutch problem on alfa 155 ray Alfa Romeo 5 November 14th 04 02:01 PM
Alpha 156 2.4 JTD clutch biting point Nick Alfa Romeo 6 July 7th 04 03:48 PM
alfa 156 2.4jtd repair cd demonHR Alfa Romeo 4 July 7th 04 07:26 AM