Some air-cooled fun

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1st 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Some air-cooled fun

I sent out this email this morning while I was still in the mountains.
I'm safe at home now.

OUCH! Rode my motorcycle off of the side of the mountain while
visiting Deal's Gap (tail of the dragon...
http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html) I physically bounced one time
when I hit the pavement, then rolled a few times before coming to a
stop beside my bike on the edge of the cliff.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Dragged it back up the side and rode
it some more. WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Pictures:
(my bike is the black one... the one in FRONT with the sparks flying
off of it from cornering so hard... YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!
:-)

http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906173092.jpg
http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906302228.jpg
See the skid-marks in this picture?
http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906315791.jpg
That was from me riding off the side. D'oh!!!!! Like an
iiiiiiiiiidiot!!!!
http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906323147.jpg
The next two pictures are actually not damage from the wreck, but just
damage from cornering so hard up here in the mountains. (Yeah, the
hotel has an internet connection. I'm still here but leaving for home
in about an hour.)
Ground up the left peg feeler, and then the peg itself. THIS STUFF IS
GREAT!!!!
http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906330455.jpg
And the pipes on the right-hand side got a tiny bit scraped up, too:
http://x402.putfile.com/4/11906333493.jpg

I haven't even left yet but can't wait to come back. Plans for the
bike are to raise it up for more ground clearance and to put on a
different exhaust system, also with more ground clearance. And maybe
nitrous oxide for the few straight stretches of road up here. :-D
My life insurance policy is current. ;-)