Automatic transmission problems

Old April 29th 05, 05:39 PM
MontanaFarmer

Default Automatic transmission problems

I have a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra that developed a hole in the
transmission oil pan after I hit a rock on a gravel road.

I noticed the oil dripping under the car, so I quickly drove it to the
farm and parked it, with the intent to work on it ASAP. The car
actually ended up sitting for a couple of months, and when I started it
to work on it, it would not move in forward or reverse.

I added several quarts of oil to the transmission, but it still doesn't
not move. When I parked it, it was fine. The car was running great,
with no problems other than the leaky transmission.

Is there something I need to do to get the transmission to work again
(i.e. somehow fill the torque converter with oil)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Old April 30th 05, 02:50 PM
Punch

..

> I added several quarts of oil to the transmission, but it still doesn't
> not move. When I parked it, it was fine. The car was running great,
> with no problems other than the leaky transmission.
>
> Is there something I need to do to get the transmission to work again
> (i.e. somehow fill the torque converter with oil)?

maybe proper tranny fluid? I hope you didn't use oil??

Old April 30th 05, 10:35 PM
MisterSkippy

On 29 Apr 2005 09:39:29 -0700, "MontanaFarmer"
> wrote:

>I have a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra that developed a hole in the
>transmission oil pan after I hit a rock on a gravel road.
>
>I noticed the oil dripping under the car, so I quickly drove it to the
>farm and parked it, with the intent to work on it ASAP. The car
>actually ended up sitting for a couple of months, and when I started it
>to work on it, it would not move in forward or reverse.
>
>I added several quarts of oil to the transmission, but it still doesn't
>not move. When I parked it, it was fine. The car was running great,
>with no problems other than the leaky transmission.
>
>Is there something I need to do to get the transmission to work again
>(i.e. somehow fill the torque converter with oil)?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,

Sounds like you may need still more trans fluid, probably Dexron 3. It
may say Dexron 2 on the stick. 3 is just the current version. Start
the car and add fluid until it is not quite up to the full mark on the
trans dip stick. Try it then.