Lowering spare tire in 2004 Chevy Express 3500 van . . .

Old August 5th 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Gene[_6_]

Default Lowering spare tire in 2004 Chevy Express 3500 van . . .

I haven't had to lower the spare tire yet. However, in reading the owners
manual about doing that, I'm confused about the secondary lock mechanism.
Would someone please explain that to me -- particularly about how to lower
the spare if it won't come down due to the secondary lock system? Also, any
preventative maintenance on the secondary lock system -- like greasing, etc.
How do you put the spare back in it's place and ensure the secondary lock
system is engaged? Thanks Gene

i posted the last two days about 1ton chevy 3500 van (att. mike) chevyman Technology 2 May 19th 06 10:56 PM
1999 chevrolet 1 ton 3500 van, v8. need help please. chevyman Technology 1 May 17th 06 09:45 PM
What does the tire lowering tool look like? Toller Ford Explorer 7 February 4th 06 08:52 PM
FS 1997 Dodge 3500 Van Dodge 1 January 25th 05 06:16 PM
Lowest cost per cubic foot cargo space in passenger vans = Chevy Express Van [email protected] General 0 January 13th 05 02:59 PM