2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler

Old May 9th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lynn McGuire[_2_]

Default 2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler

2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870

Anything to look out for ?

Price too high (not according to KBB) ?

I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about
1,000 miles.

Thanks,
Lynn
Old May 9th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Larry[_21_]

On May 9, 2:11*pm, Lynn McGuire > wrote:
> 2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
> * *http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870
>
> Anything to look out for ?
>
> Price too high (not according to KBB) ?
>
> I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about
> 1,000 miles.
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

I have no direct experience with 06 wrangler, but a few general
things....

Checkout Edmunds for pricing also, provides another data point.

Does it have a clear title?

Any body work?

How many previous owners? (I prefer one owner.)

Condition of tires (esp. if original--might be getting close to
replacement) Are they all the same manufacturer? I like all tires to
match, esp with those miles.

Has all fluids been changed?

probably more...but cant think of anything else right now.

Larry

Old May 10th 11, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Burris

On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:11:48 -0500, Lynn McGuire >
wrote:

>2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
> http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870
>
>Anything to look out for ?
>
>Price too high (not according to KBB) ?
>
>I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about
>1,000 miles.
>
>Thanks,
>Lynn

I just got an 08 Rubicon, 6 speed manual with 31K miles for 22K in
Tulsa. A lot closer and plenty of Jeeps for sale. Might check it
out. There is also a couple of Jeeps I found on the Internet in
Grapevine, TX that are pretty good deals.

Mike
--
Mike
C7.3 PE 8222
Old May 10th 11, 07:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Lynn McGuire wrote:

> 2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
> http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870
>
> Anything to look out for ?
>
> Price too high (not according to KBB) ?
>
> I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about
> 1,000 miles.

Sounds a bit high to me but I haven't really looked lately. That's about
what one I saw last fall was asking but that Colorado at the beginning of
the snow season.

I've bought too many used machines to trust any of them on a long road trip
w/o at least a week or two to wring it out, change all the fluids, etc. I
hate walking.

--
Will Honea

Old May 10th 11, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lynn McGuire[_2_]

On 5/9/2011 7:06 PM, Mike Burris wrote:
> On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:11:48 -0500, Lynn >
> wrote:
>
>> 2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
>> http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870
>>
>> Anything to look out for ?
>>
>> Price too high (not according to KBB) ?
>>
>> I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about
>> 1,000 miles.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lynn

> I just got an 08 Rubicon, 6 speed manual with 31K miles for 22K in
> Tulsa. A lot closer and plenty of Jeeps for sale. Might check it
> out. There is also a couple of Jeeps I found on the Internet in
> Grapevine, TX that are pretty good deals.
>
> Mike

Nice price ! I am looking for a specific vehicle though and
am somewhat limited on sources. I want a 2005-6 Jeep Wrangler
Unlimited, soft top, yellow, I6 and manual. www.autotrader.com
lists 5 of those for sale in the USA.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1305044447800

Thanks,
Lynn
Old May 11th 11, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Tue, 10 May 2011 11:35:00 -0500, Lynn McGuire >
wrote:

>On 5/9/2011 7:06 PM, Mike Burris wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:11:48 -0500, Lynn >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> 2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
>>> http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870
>>>
>>> Anything to look out for ?
>>>
>>> Price too high (not according to KBB) ?
>>>
>>> I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about
>>> 1,000 miles.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lynn

>> I just got an 08 Rubicon, 6 speed manual with 31K miles for 22K in
>> Tulsa. A lot closer and plenty of Jeeps for sale. Might check it
>> out. There is also a couple of Jeeps I found on the Internet in
>> Grapevine, TX that are pretty good deals.
>>
>> Mike

>Nice price ! I am looking for a specific vehicle though and
>am somewhat limited on sources. I want a 2005-6 Jeep Wrangler
>Unlimited, soft top, yellow, I6 and manual. www.autotrader.com
>lists 5 of those for sale in the USA.
>
>http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1305044447800
>
>Thanks,
>Lynn

If you're searching for a specific vehicle, you gotta do what you
gotta do. If you find it, buy it!

Good luck
Mike
08 Rubicon 2dr
Old May 11th 11, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike

On Tue, 10 May 2011 18:25:17 -0500, wrote:

>On Tue, 10 May 2011 11:35:00 -0500, Lynn McGuire >
>wrote:
>
>>On 5/9/2011 7:06 PM, Mike Burris wrote:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870

>>> I just got an 08 Rubicon, 6 speed manual with 31K miles for 22K in
>>> Tulsa. A lot closer and plenty of Jeeps for sale. Might check it
>>> out. There is also a couple of Jeeps I found on the Internet in
>>> Grapevine, TX that are pretty good deals.
>>>
>>> Mike

>>Nice price ! I am looking for a specific vehicle though and
>>am somewhat limited on sources. I want a 2005-6 Jeep Wrangler
>>Unlimited, soft top, yellow, I6 and manual. www.autotrader.com
>>lists 5 of those for sale in the USA.
>>
>>http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1305044447800
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Lynn

>If you're searching for a specific vehicle, you gotta do what you
>gotta do. If you find it, buy it!
>
>Good luck
>Mike
>08 Rubicon 2dr

Don't know why my name changed?
Mike
08 Rubicon 2dr
Old May 11th 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Larry[_21_]

On May 10, 10:35*am, Lynn McGuire > wrote:
> On 5/9/2011 7:06 PM, Mike Burris wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:11:48 -0500, Lynn >
> > wrote:

> >> 2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
> >> * *http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297842870

> >> Anything to look out for ?

> >> Price too high (not according to KBB) ?

> >> I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about
> >> 1,000 miles.

> >> Thanks,
> >> Lynn

> > I just got an 08 Rubicon, 6 speed manual with 31K miles for 22K in
> > Tulsa. *A lot closer and plenty of Jeeps for sale. *Might check it
> > out. *There is also a couple of Jeeps I found on the Internet in
> > Grapevine, TX that are pretty good deals.

> > Mike

> Nice price ! *I am looking for a specific vehicle though and
> am somewhat limited on sources. *I want a 2005-6 Jeep Wrangler
> Unlimited, soft top, yellow, I6 and manual. *www.autotrader.com
> lists 5 of those for sale in the USA.
>
> http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...inningStartYea...
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

I got a laugh when one of the listings said "Outstanding fuel
efficiency for an SUV". The use of the word "outstanding" is a bit
over the top. A wrangler is anything but fuel efficient. I can get
much better gas mileage from my 01 grand cherokee with a 4.7L v8 and
five speed auto than I do with my 98 cherokee with a inline 6. My 99
wrangler with 4 cylinders was not any better than the cherokee. Simply
put you don't buy a wrangler for fuel efficiency.

Larry

2004-2006 jeep wrangler unlimited Lynn McGuire[_2_] Jeep 3 May 12th 09 04:59 PM
Wrangler unlimited jerryg Jeep 1 April 18th 07 02:47 PM
2006 Wrangler Unlimited Hitch Installation jmcgill Jeep 3 April 1st 07 10:22 PM
07 Wrangler Unlimited Brian Foster Jeep 31 August 6th 06 11:11 PM
Towing with Wrangler Unlimited [email protected] Jeep 15 December 8th 04 01:46 AM