Durango Locking Glove Compartment

Old May 23rd 05, 02:31 PM
Tweedle

Default Durango Locking Glove Compartment

In my 2000 Durango, I am in need of a locking glove compartment or locking console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm willing to replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove compartment or console?

Thanks
Tweedle
Old May 23rd 05, 05:43 PM
maxpower

"Tweedle" > wrote in message
. ..

> In my 2000 Durango, I am in need of a locking glove compartment or locking

console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm willing to
replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the
door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove compartment
or console?

> Thanks
> Tweedle

Your local CPD dealer?

Old May 23rd 05, 05:53 PM
Tweedle

maxpower wrote:
> "Tweedle" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>In my 2000 Durango, I am in need of a locking glove compartment or locking

> console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm willing to
> replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the
> door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove compartment
> or console?
>
>>Thanks
>>Tweedle

> Your local CPD dealer?

It seems that no Durango's with compatible consoles/glove compartments came with locks. That was all my CPD could tell me. I'm hoping to find someone who makes the aftermarket or even a good method to add a lock.
Old May 23rd 05, 06:21 PM
maxpower

"Tweedle" > wrote in message
.. .
> maxpower wrote:
> > "Tweedle" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >
> >>In my 2000 Durango, I am in need of a locking glove compartment or

locking

> > console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm

willing to
> > replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the
> > door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove

compartment
> > or console?
> >
> >>Thanks
> >>Tweedle

> > Your local CPD dealer?
> >

> It seems that no Durango's with compatible consoles/glove compartments

came with locks. That was all my CPD could tell me. I'm hoping to find
someone who makes the aftermarket or even a good method to add a lock.

That is correct, they did not come equipped with the locks, did you ask them
to look it up in the accessories catalog?

Old May 23rd 05, 07:26 PM
Tweedle

maxpower wrote:
> "Tweedle" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>maxpower wrote:
>>
>>>"Tweedle" > wrote in message
om...

> locking
>
>>>console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm

> willing to
>
>>>replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the
>>>door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove

> compartment
>
>>>or console?

>>>Your local CPD dealer?
>>>

>>It seems that no Durango's with compatible consoles/glove compartments

> came with locks. That was all my CPD could tell me. I'm hoping to find
> someone who makes the aftermarket or even a good method to add a lock.
>
> That is correct, they did not come equipped with the locks, did you ask them
> to look it up in the accessories catalog?

I checked, no such luck.
Old May 24th 05, 01:13 AM
Sarge

"Tweedle" wrote: "In my 2000 Durango, I am in need of a locking glove
compartment or locking console lid. Does anyone know where either may be
obtained? I'm willing to replace the entire glove compartment, but would
like to just replace the door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the
existing glove compartment or console?"

Try here http://www.truckperformance.com

Look under consoles. Try universal and you will see some. They are
actually made for stereo equipment but may suit your need. I don't know if
a Jeep glove box will fit but there are replacement locking glove boxes for
Jeep.

Sarge

wtb 2003 bugsy glove compartment door john lawrence VW water cooled 0 May 19th 05 07:09 PM
95 glove box cylinder Christopher Muto Mazda 3 March 30th 05 04:28 PM
Glove compartment Ron Kiestra Audi 5 October 19th 04 11:34 PM
Oval door locking problem ningi VW air cooled 4 October 18th 04 11:07 PM
Central locking system randomly locks and unlocks doors - 1999 A4 Audi 1970 Suzuki TS250 Audi 1 July 31st 04 07:20 AM