91 dodge spirit heater problem

Old February 21st 07, 09:54 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 91 dodge spirit heater problem

hello all,

I have a dodge spirit with 2.5L engine. I had a problem with heater
becasue I could not get heat in the car. I get but I donot think it is
normal since The other cars blow really hot hair inside, mine blows
warm.

I'm brainstroming here. Does this car have a valve which stops hot
water flowing in the passanger cabin. what else can be the problem.

Old February 21st 07, 11:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> hello all,
>
> I have a dodge spirit with 2.5L engine. I had a problem with heater
> becasue I could not get heat in the car. I get but I donot think it is
> normal since The other cars blow really hot hair inside, mine blows
> warm.
>
> I'm brainstroming here. Does this car have a valve which stops hot
> water flowing in the passanger cabin. what else can be the problem.

When the engine is fully heated up, feel the heater hose going into the
firewall and the one coming out of the firewall , if one is hot and the
other is cold your heater core is stopped up. You may also have a faulty
thermostat causing a no heat problem, do a google on how to check for fault
codes and see if you have a code 17 in the computers memory.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 3rd 07, 12:33 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

I followed the heater hoses. The one going into (?) firewall is hot,
however, the one comign out (?) is warm. the one i call coming out is
connected to the intake manifold, and then connects to head itself.

waht do you mean stopped up? does it clouged? thanks again. I think I
have a heater core problem.

is it easty to pull heater core in this car, (91 acclaim, 2.5L)

Old March 3rd 07, 12:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I followed the heater hoses. The one going into (?) firewall is hot,
> however, the one comign out (?) is warm. the one i call coming out is
> connected to the intake manifold, and then connects to head itself.
>
> waht do you mean stopped up? does it clouged? thanks again. I think I
> have a heater core problem.
>
> is it easty to pull heater core in this car, (91 acclaim, 2.5L)
> On Feb 21, 6:12 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> >
> > oups.com...> hello

all,

> > > I have a dodge spirit with 2.5L engine. I had a problem with heater
> > > becasue I could not get heat in the car. I get but I donot think it is
> > > normal since The other cars blow really hot hair inside, mine blows
> > > warm.

> > > I'm brainstroming here. Does this car have a valve which stops hot
> > > water flowing in the passanger cabin. what else can be the problem.

> > When the engine is fully heated up, feel the heater hose going into the
> > firewall and the one coming out of the firewall , if one is hot and the
> > other is cold your heater core is stopped up. You may also have a faulty
> > thermostat causing a no heat problem, do a google on how to check for

fault
> > codes and see if you have a code 17 in the computers memory.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

Then the heater core is stopped up and will need replacing. you can try to
back flush with a garden hose but that doesn't normally work.

Glenn

Old March 4th 07, 02:07 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Mar 3, 7:12 am, "maxpower" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > I followed the heater hoses. The one going into (?) firewall is hot,
> > however, the one comign out (?) is warm. the one i call coming out is
> > connected to the intake manifold, and then connects to head itself.

> > waht do you mean stopped up? does it clouged? thanks again. I think I
> > have a heater core problem.

> > is it easty to pull heater core in this car, (91 acclaim, 2.5L)

> > roups.com...> hello

> all,

> > > When the engine is fully heated up, feel the heater hose going into the
> > > firewall and the one coming out of the firewall , if one is hot and the
> > > other is cold your heater core is stopped up. You may also have a faulty
> > > thermostat causing a no heat problem, do a google on how to check for

> fault
> > > codes and see if you have a code 17 in the computers memory.

> > > Glenn Beasley
> > > Chrysler Tech

> Then the heater core is stopped up and will need replacing. you can try to
> back flush with a garden hose but that doesn't normally work.
>
> Glenn

ASAP we get hot weather here

91 dodge Spirit AC problem [email protected] Dodge 4 September 12th 06 05:29 AM
94 dodge spirit front end problem Adam & Lisa Dodge 0 July 15th 06 11:32 PM
94 Dodge Spirit Heat Problem Adam Dodge 3 December 8th 05 04:45 PM
94 dodge spirit problem Adam F. Dodge 0 August 29th 05 02:43 AM
help with dodge spirit 2.5 egr valve or other problem? john Chrysler 1 August 27th 05 07:05 PM