2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 12th 19, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Andrew J. Luck

Default 2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 13:43:03 -0700, Ohderii_Cruiser wrote:

> Centric 301.09080 stamped CEN 30109080 31AC9101 GG 02 B19
> http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=20_02.jpg
>
> Four steel rubberized backing plates came with the 4 front pads.
> http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=20_03.jpg
>
> The hardware kit P117.44068 came with 4 holding clips & 2 wear sensors.
> http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=20_01548.jpg
>
> Does anyone know why the deep slit in the friction material is there?

I don't know why the deep slit.
Maybe it's a manufacturing requirement?
Or for a wear indicator?
Or maybe for noise?
Or for water?

The edge codes are explained here.
http://www.safebraking.com/brake-pad...-counterfeits/

I didn't find your edge code in this 2011 AMECA List of Edge Codes document
http://www.safebraking.com/wp-conten...-May-20112.pdf

It wasn't in the 2014 AMECA list of edge codes either.
https://docplayer.net/15631715-Ameca...-material.html

Maybe they're counterfeit?

Front Brake Pads After Only 25K ? Robert11[_2_] Technology 36 May 5th 12 01:05 PM
Replacing front brake pads on 2004 Miata [email protected] Mazda 2 January 14th 08 06:25 PM
99 front brake pads replaced, question on old pads Mikepier Ford Explorer 0 February 4th 05 07:07 PM
front brake pads Trace Origin Honda 4 October 7th 04 02:13 PM
98 Accord - front ball joints are bad before original front brake pads? Cris Fuhrman Honda 5 September 22nd 04 02:00 PM