Need help with my 91 Cabby Brakes?

Old September 26th 04, 09:14 PM
Bat- Man

Default Need help with my 91 Cabby Brakes?

I've just got a 91 cabby about 1 month now. I've had a vw shop put new
brakes and w/cyls on back, it has reground rotters and new pads on the
frount,he put new struts on the frount,

It runs and drives fine, but it don't seem to stop real good I gotta put
a lot of pressure on the petal and it dont have much braking.

Could it be something else the the mech missed? Or is this the way the
brakes work on a cabby?

Sure would like to have better brakes on the cabby does anyone have any
IDEAS as to what else needs to be done?

Would sure appreciate any help on this you can post here or email me at

Thanks Again Bat-Man

Old September 27th 04, 10:45 AM
tedb

Might want to do a vacuum test on the brake booster to make sure it's
working. They have been known to rust out (like my Caddy's did). Same
symptoms too: new pads/rotors, extreme pedal pressure required to stop (i.e.
no boost).

tedb