A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Simulators
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Recommend a Sim For a Returning Sim Racer?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 16th 18, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Recommend a Sim For a Returning Sim Racer?

I'm just getting back into sim racing after a very, very long layoff. Back in the day, I was active in MARA (which hopefully some of you remember) racing mainly with GPL. I even served as official scorekeeper for a season or two. In my brief research, I see that the racing sim landscape has changed drastically from those days, so I'm seeking advice on what racing sim(s) to get back into.

I have a PC (on order) and a PS3, but prefer to use the PC for anything online. Just got a Logi G29 wheel, but still also have my tried and true Logi Momo. While I enjoyed online racing back in the day, my initial focus now would be to hot-lap and race the AI before dipping my toes back into the online racing world.

In my limited research, I've come across iRacing, rFactor (1 and 2), and Assetto Corza. I've got no experience with any of them, so I'd appreciate any thoughts on which of these might best fit my stated interests.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!

Bert