Blinking red temperature light - what does it mean?

Old April 17th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Ears

Default Blinking red temperature light - what does it mean?

On Apr 12, 5:19*pm, "Craig" > wrote:
> Doesn't anyone EVER read their owners manual???????????????????????????????

Question mark abuser:

Yes.

Of course, many people buy their car used and often the manual does
not remain with the car. Furthermore, perusal of owner's manual's for
issues such as the original topic in this post you will generally
find that the manual directs them to the dealer (ugh). Be kind with
your posts. You may need this group some time.
Old October 19th 12, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Brandy

responding to
http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/blinki...ean-42041-.htm
, Brandy wrote:
I own a vw, and this problem is on in the owner's manual. That's why I googled
it. I looked though the entire thing. So there you have it.

Old October 20th 12, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Rob[_27_]

On 20/10/2012 4:08 AM, Brandy wrote:
> responding to
> http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/blinki...ean-42041-.htm
>
> , Brandy wrote:
> I own a vw, and this problem is on in the owner's manual. That's why I
> googled
> it. I looked though the entire thing. So there you have it.

The plastic impellers split. and they have sensors both sides of the
water pump
Old July 23rd 15, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
bob6715

replying to flarosa, bob6715 wrote:
> frank wrote:
>
> My car is a 2000 Beetle, 2.0 ltr gas engine.
> About a week ago I suddenly got a blinking red temperature light while
> driving. I had been driving about 20 minutes at the time. I checked
> the coolant and oil, both were normal. The next two days I was fine
> driving to work, which is about 10 minutes each way. The next day I
> ran a few errands after work and I got the same blinking red light
> after driving a little over 20 minutes. This is the light that looks
> like a thermometer, not the check engine light - and doesn't turn red
> and then start blinking later, it goes from off to blinking red right
> away, accompanied by several beeps.
> I made an appointment with VW to check it out, but they won't be able
> to see me until next Wednesday.
> Can anyone guess what this is, and whether it is safe to drive my car
> for the next week until someone can fix it?
> Thanks,
> Frank

7-20-2015
but very first check that the heater core is not leaking in the car mostly on
the passenger side these carpets will hold a lot of water, feel the carpet, if
saturated heater is leaking (very common), just disconnect the heater hoses
and reconnect one in a loop back to the engine, refill water bottle and drive,
if no more blinking light then heater core needs to be replaced.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/blinki...ean-42041-.htm

Old May 18th 16, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
bobbie

replying to flarosa, bobbie wrote:
The blinking red light means low coolant. If it stays red that meand its hot
and you shoud pull over and not drive it untill problem is resolved.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/blinki...ean-42041-.htm

Old October 10th 17, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
prince

replying to bobbie, prince wrote:
though this topic was in 2016,help out a brother. My polo 2006 coolant bottle
is acting up, flushing out water/coolant everytime i stop/park, more like the
water overheated but the temperature gauge is always at the middle. Checked to
see if theres a brokage, the coolant is seen droping back through the return
pipe nicely. What can be the problem?

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/blinki...ean-42041-.htm

Old November 8th 17, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Meta[_2_]

replying to Craig, Meta wrote:
Some used cars don't come with an owner's manual and not everyone can
understand every little detail in it even if they did look.

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/blinki...ean-42041-.htm

Old February 14th 18, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Louis KFC

replying to Craig, Louis KFC wrote:
no

--