Pro golfer Atwal admits to extreme speeding in car crash - Cops skip booze test!!

Old March 25th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Default Pro golfer Atwal admits to extreme speeding in car crash - Cops skip booze test!!

Cops claim it was obvious he wasn't impaired. Money talks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2808572

Updated: March 22, 2007, 4:35 PM ET
Atwal estimates he was going 35 over speed limit
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- PGA Tour player Arjun Atwal estimated he was going 80
mph in a 45-mph zone just before a car speeding next to him flipped
and killed its driver, documents from the Florida Highway Patrol show.

Witnesses have said Atwal and John N. Park, who died, were street
racing on March 10. No criminal charges have been filed, and troopers
said Thursday it would be another month before the investigation is
complete.

The highway patrol still hasn't determined independently how fast
Atwal and Park were going, but a preliminary report showed the golf
pro estimated he was 35 mph over the limit. Witnesses said the two
were going 100 mph.

Robert Kreusler, CEO of Blue Giraffe, the sports management company
representing Atwal, would not comment on the estimated speed. However,
Kreusler said: "Arjun categorically denies that he was involved in any
kind of racing or street racing."

Both drivers were in expensive, high-performance cars capable of
incredible speeds: Atwal in a 2006 BMW M6 with a 500-horsepower
engine, and Park in a 2006 Mercedes CLS 55 AMG with a 469-horsepower
engine, according to highway patrol documents and vehicle registration
information.

Trooper Kim Miller said there were no signs the cars touched each
other. She said Park's car lost control, veering off the road into a
fence and small tree and flipping up to eight times.

"You could actually see the spots that were dug into the grass,"
Miller said. "As he's going end-over-end, the car is just coming
apart. It was a very violent crash."

After Park lost control, Atwal veered the other way off the divided
four-lane highway, across the median and into the opposite lane of
traffic, according to the highway patrol accident diagram. He did not
hit any vehicles there, Miller said.

Miller said Atwal wasn't tested for drugs or alcohol because it was
obvious to crime scene investigators he wasn't impaired. She said Park
also was not believed to have been drinking.

Atwal's representatives have said he did not previously know Park and
was not at fault. The two were driving on a suburban road connecting
the Walt Disney World resorts and upscale communities west of Orlando.

Atwal joined the PGA tour in 2003 as its first Indian-born player. He
finished 140th last year on the money list, failing to keep full
exempt status.

Old March 25th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
annika1980

On Mar 25, 10:59 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"

> ORLANDO, Fla. -- PGA Tour player Arjun Atwal estimated he was going 80
> mph in a 45-mph zone just before a car speeding next to him flipped
> and killed its driver, documents from the Florida Highway Patrol show.

Rubbin's racing.

Old March 28th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Drunken Driver

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>Cops claim it was obvious he wasn't impaired. Money talks.

He's a golfer; perhaps he gave the cop a blow job. That's what you do
after "playing the back 9", isn't it?

--

Ask me about drunk driving for fun and profit!
Old March 28th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On Mar 25, 7:59 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> "Arjun categorically denies that he was involved in any
> kind of racing or street racing."

Just happened to be driving 100 in a 45 zone, next to a man who was
doing the same thing.