1955 Ford Thunderbird minus top - red - fvr

Old August 29th 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

Default 1955 Ford Thunderbird minus top - red - fvr

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Ford Thunderbird minus top - red - fvr.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	95816
Old August 29th 07, 05:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"Padraig" > wrote in message

Mighty sweet car.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old September 4th 07, 07:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Keith Porter

Anyone know if this is an original or a plastic T-bird. Either way it's a
fine looking retrorod as well as the little T roadster behind it. Keith

Old September 4th 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"Keith Porter" > wrote in message
> Anyone know if this is an original or a plastic T-bird. Either way it's a
> fine looking retrorod as well as the little T roadster behind it. Keith

It was real. Some might be offended that it was no longer original but I
liked the substitution of the 427 for the old 312 cu in.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old September 4th 07, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Duncan Craig

I'll admit, as a previous Baby Bird collector, to being somewhat offended by
modified early Birds (a totally inconsistent attitude in view of my current
street rod!), but here are 4 pics of a '57 that I really liked at the 2006
Canats.... mild body mods, great engine update, and a super-nice interior.
Even my wife, who usually is enraged by customized 'Birds, liked it.

"Padraig" > wrote in message
> "Keith Porter" > wrote in message
>> Anyone know if this is an original or a plastic T-bird. Either way it's a
>> fine looking retrorod as well as the little T roadster behind it. Keith

> It was real. Some might be offended that it was no longer original but I
> liked the substitution of the 427 for the old 312 cu in.
> --
> Paddy's Pig

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Ford Thunderbird.mod.engine.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	96378  Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Ford Thunderbird.mod.fvr.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	96379  Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Ford Thunderbird.mod.interior.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	96380  Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Ford Thunderbird.mod.rvr.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	96381
Old September 4th 07, 09:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Peter Dohm

"Padraig" > wrote in message
> "Keith Porter" > wrote in message
> > Anyone know if this is an original or a plastic T-bird. Either way it's

> > fine looking retrorod as well as the little T roadster behind it. Keith

> It was real. Some might be offended that it was no longer original but I
> liked the substitution of the 427 for the old 312 cu in.
> --
> Paddy's Pig

They may even be nearly the same weight. Some of those old engines were
massive!

Peter

Old September 4th 07, 09:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"Duncan Craig" > wrote in message
> I'll admit, as a previous Baby Bird collector, to being somewhat offended
> by
> modified early Birds (a totally inconsistent attitude in view of my
> current
> street rod!), but here are 4 pics of a '57 that I really liked at the 2006
> Canats.... mild body mods, great engine update, and a super-nice interior.
> Even my wife, who usually is enraged by customized 'Birds, liked it.

I'll be honest - I didn't talk to the guy and didn't hear with my own ears
that it is (allegedly) a real '55. Instead, I examined the other shots I
made of the car that day - and here's one of them - to see if there was
anything that would make me suspect it might not be the real thing. The
strongest evidence I found that argues against being a kit car is the dash,
visible in this photo. I'm sorry I didn't make a better interior shot.

The silver '57 on the other hand has a dash that makes me strongly suspect a
forgery.

I only know of one builder making a '55 T-Bird kit: Regal Roadsters, Ltd.
Their dash looks similar to this silver one.
--
Paddy's Pig

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Ford Thunderbird minus top - red - rvl.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	96382
Old September 4th 07, 09:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"Padraig" > wrote in message

> The silver '57 on the other hand has a dash that makes me strongly suspect
> forgery.
>
> I only know of one builder making a '55 T-Bird kit: Regal Roadsters, Ltd.
> Their dash looks similar to this silver one.

No it doesn't. I just visited their website & I shoulda done that before
writing the above.
http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredveh..._bird_replica/

What I found was an obvious phony on their '55 kit, but I know the '57 had a
sort of cove design with a big eyelid over it to cut sun glare. The speedo
on the silver car is obviously non-standard but it may be possible that the
builder re-did the original dash. The cove looks like it may be
original...reupholstered of course.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old September 5th 07, 06:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G.

Yup, could be a stock dash redone.....
And.....on the rear shot of the car you can see welds at the lower corners of the trunk opening. I don't think a kit would have
those........

Mike

--
4 Out Of 3 People Have Trouble With Fractions

"Padraig" > wrote in message ...
> "Padraig" > wrote in message
>
> > The silver '57 on the other hand has a dash that makes me strongly suspect
> > forgery.
> >
> > I only know of one builder making a '55 T-Bird kit: Regal Roadsters, Ltd.
> > Their dash looks similar to this silver one.

> No it doesn't. I just visited their website & I shoulda done that before
> writing the above.
> http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredveh..._bird_replica/
>
> What I found was an obvious phony on their '55 kit, but I know the '57 had a
> sort of cove design with a big eyelid over it to cut sun glare. The speedo
> on the silver car is obviously non-standard but it may be possible that the
> builder re-did the original dash. The cove looks like it may be
> original...reupholstered of course.
> --
> Paddy's Pig

Attached Thumbnails