What a Beautiful Day for a Drive!

Old March 7th 05, 06:14 AM
zmike6

Default What a Beautiful Day for a Drive!

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:37:13 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>Westbound I-8, JWO Stanfield, AZ. The sky is partly cloudy, but bright
>sunshine is streaming through. The road is dry and arrow-straight,
>with a slight downgrade. There's not another car anywhere in sight.
>Thanks to a wet winter, the median is full of healthy green plants -
>all the better to mask my presence from any threat vehicles travelling
>on the eastbound side.
>
>With conditions nearly perfect, I dropped it into 5th and pressed the
>pedal firmly; the speed quickly began to build. It took maybe 30
>seconds to reach 160 MPH. It would have been easy to go even faster -
>the LS-2 was not even close to topping out - but a small dot appeared
>on the horizon, and I decided not to press my luck.
>
>Damn, but 80 MPH sure seems slow now...

C6 or GTO? I'm guessing C6 since the GTO has a programmed limiter
somewhere around 165?
Old March 7th 05, 07:57 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 06:14:05 GMT, zmike6 >
> wrote:
>
>>>With conditions nearly perfect, I dropped it into 5th and pressed the
>>>pedal firmly; the speed quickly began to build. It took maybe 30
>>>seconds to reach 160 MPH. It would have been easy to go even faster -
>>>the LS-2 was not even close to topping out - but a small dot appeared
>>>on the horizon, and I decided not to press my luck.
>>>
>>>Damn, but 80 MPH sure seems slow now...

>>C6 or GTO?

> C6.
>
>>I'm guessing C6 since the GTO has a programmed limiter
>>somewhere around 165?

> Well, since I backed off at 160, I wouldn't have hit the limiter
> anyway.

Come on, Scott--where are your cojones? I've seen hogs that would pass a
car doing 160 like it was up on blocks...

Old March 7th 05, 05:48 PM
Big Bill

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 06:36:41 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:57:35 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:
>
>>> Well, since I backed off at 160, I wouldn't have hit the limiter
>>> anyway.

>>Come on, Scott--where are your cojones? I've seen hogs that would pass a
>>car doing 160 like it was up on blocks...

>One of these days I'll verify its top speed...

The only TRUE verification would be a conviction by a guilty plea!
:-)
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 7th 05, 11:19 PM
Cartlon Shew

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:37:13 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>Westbound I-8, JWO Stanfield, AZ. The sky is partly cloudy, but bright
>sunshine is streaming through. The road is dry and arrow-straight,
>with a slight downgrade. There's not another car anywhere in sight.
>Thanks to a wet winter, the median is full of healthy green plants -
>all the better to mask my presence from any threat vehicles travelling
>on the eastbound side.
>
>With conditions nearly perfect, I dropped it into 5th and pressed the
>pedal firmly; the speed quickly began to build. It took maybe 30
>seconds to reach 160 MPH. It would have been easy to go even faster -
>the LS-2 was not even close to topping out - but a small dot appeared
>on the horizon, and I decided not to press my luck.
>
>Damn, but 80 MPH sure seems slow now...

Well you probably should drive slow when you're posting on the
internet.