96 GC hesitation, rough running...

Old June 23rd 05, 08:29 PM
nunya

Default 96 GC hesitation, rough running...

96, 2wd, auto, I-6

had a 171 code (lean), followed by 172 (rich) this means O2 sensors, eh?
do I get new bosch ones, now I get a 138 code, meaning "O2 Sensor Circuit
High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
Oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range. so, the
cat. sensorvolt. is too high.

the trouble with the vehicle is that it runs rough, and has severe
hesitation. the intke is clean, has new TPS sensor.

here's the rub... this only happens when ambient temp is above 85F. early
mornings, late nights, below 85, runs just fine... what am i missing, and
what about the 138 code?

thanks

Old June 23rd 05, 08:37 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

One of the causes could be the fuel pump giving up:
http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 23rd 05, 08:49 PM
nunya

Oh, say it ain't so, Bill... please?

Old June 23rd 05, 09:19 PM
nunya

whas the cause of the 138 code? brand new bosch...

Old June 24th 05, 04:33 AM
Mike

"nunya" > wrote in message
> whas the cause of the 138 code? brand new bosch...

P0138-1/2 O2 SENSOR SHORTED TO VOLTAGE

When Monitored: With battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts, engine running
for more

than 4 minutes and coolant temperature above 180°F.

Set Condition: The oxygen sensor voltage is above 1.5 volts

Old June 24th 05, 06:10 AM
nunya

ok... remedy?

Old June 25th 05, 02:15 PM
nunya

Once again Bill, You have been confirmed as Master of all he surveys.
It was indeed the fuel pump.
Thanks.