Air-cooled-related satisfaction

Old January 12th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Air-cooled-related satisfaction

I didn't ride my air-cooled bike to work today because the roads were
wet this morning and I *just* got finished cleaning it up (for a
change) and it takes a good 1/2 hour to clean it every time I ride it
in the rain. Then... I got to work and found out everyone I normally
have lunch with was working from home today, so I drove my water-cooled
appliance/car back home at lunchtime. My youngest son (10 years old)
called me from his school later and told me he'd missed his bus ride
home. So I hopped on the "spike bike" and put an extra helmet on the
back-rest and took off. Got to his school just as everyone was leaving.
Typical end-of-the-day boredom look on everyone's face as I pulled up.
I picked my boy up from the office, helmet in hand. You should have
seen the look on his face when he realized I came to pick him up on the
bike and not in the refrigerator on wheels. I mean how it changed from
the end-of-the-day look to the "there's my dad on his sweet, sweet bike
and he's gonna take me for a spin on it again!!! whoo hoo! Life ain't
so bad after all!!!" We walked back out to the bike together where
I'd left it parked in front a few of his buddies from school, at least
the ones who also missed the bus for whatever reason. He put the extra
helmet on like a seasoned pro (because he is) while his friends wiped
the drool from their faces and all yelled goodbye to him like they
thought I'd come back and give them a ride on the bike in a minute if
they were loud enough . I swear I think they were literally jumping up
and down as we started to pull away. I gave them all the Hard Krome
salute as we took off, because I think it's against the law not to.
Pulled up to the first stop sign and looked in the rear-view mirror and
all I saw was a big smile. Two of them, actually, mine and his. :-)
Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta... and also feels good to be a dad
some days. This reminds me of something... Is that what a "biker" is,
Stafford? Then yeah, I'm a biker.

Old January 13th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Shag" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I didn't ride my air-cooled bike to work today because the roads were
> wet this morning

Wimp.

Old January 13th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Shag wrote:
> I didn't ride my air-cooled bike to work today because the roads were
> wet this morning and I *just* got finished cleaning it up (for a
> change) and it takes a good 1/2 hour to clean it every time I ride it
> in the rain. Then... I got to work and found out everyone I normally
> have lunch with was working from home today, so I drove my water-cooled
> appliance/car back home at lunchtime. My youngest son (10 years old)
> called me from his school later and told me he'd missed his bus ride
> home. So I hopped on the "spike bike" and put an extra helmet on the
> back-rest and took off. Got to his school just as everyone was leaving.
> Typical end-of-the-day boredom look on everyone's face as I pulled up.
> I picked my boy up from the office, helmet in hand. You should have
> seen the look on his face when he realized I came to pick him up on the
> bike and not in the refrigerator on wheels. I mean how it changed from
> the end-of-the-day look to the "there's my dad on his sweet, sweet bike
> and he's gonna take me for a spin on it again!!! whoo hoo! Life ain't
> so bad after all!!!" We walked back out to the bike together where
> I'd left it parked in front a few of his buddies from school, at least
> the ones who also missed the bus for whatever reason. He put the extra
> helmet on like a seasoned pro (because he is) while his friends wiped
> the drool from their faces and all yelled goodbye to him like they
> thought I'd come back and give them a ride on the bike in a minute if
> they were loud enough . I swear I think they were literally jumping up
> and down as we started to pull away. I gave them all the Hard Krome
> salute as we took off, because I think it's against the law not to.
> Pulled up to the first stop sign and looked in the rear-view mirror and
> all I saw was a big smile. Two of them, actually, mine and his. :-)
> Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta... and also feels good to be a dad
> some days. This reminds me of something... Is that what a "biker" is,
> Stafford? Then yeah, I'm a biker.

You are a good Dad Travis!, wish I where as good with my dog... :O/

(To my defence it should be noted the dog refuses anything with two
wheels only.., hence he goes in the back of the Smart ForTwo)

J.

Life is a bitch, then we all die!
Old January 13th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Shag:
> This reminds me of something... Is that what a "biker" is,
> Stafford? Then yeah, I'm a biker.

No you aren't. You have no ****ing clue. Get over it. Live in your dreams.
Believe me, your dreams are more comfortable. No way will you ever be a
Biker.

Old January 13th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

:-) OK.

Old January 13th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Etaoin Shurdlu" > wrote in message
> Shag:
>> This reminds me of something... Is that what a "biker" is,
>> Stafford? Then yeah, I'm a biker.

> No you aren't. You have no ****ing clue. Get over it. Live in your dreams.
> Believe me, your dreams are more comfortable. No way will you ever be a
> Biker.

say what you want stafford, but i don't see your posts about your days of
riding...only your occassional post of a bike you built years ago and still
lust after....not sure you are the most qualified to judge who is/isn't a
"biker"....

Old January 13th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Shag,

I too am a Dad. In fact just secured my 13 year old son's custody from
"SHE who must be obeyed!"
Love the look on his face when I arrive in my way cool chopped and flamed
Bug to pick him up from school.
I don't have a Bike but we get the same effect. Being a Dad is great!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Mike

Old January 13th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Mike West wrote:
> Shag,
>
> I too am a Dad. In fact just secured my 13 year old son's custody from
> "SHE who must be obeyed!"
> Love the look on his face when I arrive in my way cool chopped and flamed
> Bug to pick him up from school.
> I don't have a Bike but we get the same effect. Being a Dad is great!
>
> Thanks for sharing your story.
>
> Mike

Hey I'm a dad too! And... and... bah. I got nothing.

Jan
Old January 13th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Hang'em high Shag, you may or may not be a biker, But a good Dad you
are!!!

Old January 14th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On 12 Jan 2006 15:55:11 -0800, "Shag" > wrote:

>I didn't ride my air-cooled bike to work today because the roads were
>wet this morning and I *just* got finished cleaning it up (for a
>change) and it takes a good 1/2 hour to clean it every time I ride it
>in the rain. Then... I got to work and found out everyone I normally
>have lunch with was working from home today, so I drove my water-cooled
>appliance/car back home at lunchtime. My youngest son (10 years old)
>called me from his school later and told me he'd missed his bus ride
>home. So I hopped on the "spike bike" and put an extra helmet on the
>back-rest and took off. Got to his school just as everyone was leaving.
>Typical end-of-the-day boredom look on everyone's face as I pulled up.
>I picked my boy up from the office, helmet in hand. You should have
>seen the look on his face when he realized I came to pick him up on the
>bike and not in the refrigerator on wheels. I mean how it changed from
>the end-of-the-day look to the "there's my dad on his sweet, sweet bike
>and he's gonna take me for a spin on it again!!! whoo hoo! Life ain't
>so bad after all!!!" We walked back out to the bike together where
>I'd left it parked in front a few of his buddies from school, at least
>the ones who also missed the bus for whatever reason. He put the extra
>helmet on like a seasoned pro (because he is) while his friends wiped
>the drool from their faces and all yelled goodbye to him like they
>thought I'd come back and give them a ride on the bike in a minute if
>they were loud enough . I swear I think they were literally jumping up
>and down as we started to pull away. I gave them all the Hard Krome
>salute as we took off, because I think it's against the law not to.
>Pulled up to the first stop sign and looked in the rear-view mirror and
>all I saw was a big smile. Two of them, actually, mine and his. :-)
>Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta... and also feels good to be a dad
>some days. This reminds me of something... Is that what a "biker" is,
>Stafford? Then yeah, I'm a biker.

This is the best I could do in short order.

2 entries found for Biker.

Main Entry: bik·er
Pronunciation: 'bI-k&r
Function: noun
1 : BICYCLIST
2 : MOTORCYCLIST; especially : one who is a member of an organized
gang

I suppose that being a motorcyclist is being a Biker.

You in a gang yet Travis,........Being in an organized gang would make
you "especially" a Biker.....LOL

I am still considering becoming a Biker myself. Once I build the DUNE
buggy, I'll prolly sell it or trade for a Bike of some kind.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizzical,
What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been
cancelled due to a conflict.